How to update Certificate Authority?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
amoxy

How to update Certificate Authority?

Post by amoxy »

Hi,

There's a website using SSL cert genertated by StarField Secure CA. When I use Microsoft Internet Explorer, it did not prompt me the warning page. However when I am using FireFox, it will prompt me of unknown CA.

May anybody advise?

Thanks

Post by Guest »

You need to recompile.

Ridiculous, but true.

Post by Guest »

Check out Tools > Options > Advanced> Certificates. Some of the settings there might be helpful.
jyinger

Post by jyinger »

I have the smae problem

What do you mean "recompile"?

Thanks
slayerinme

Post by slayerinme »

How do I fix this?

I have been getting a pop up error message saying that my host is different from the server, I click ok and it's fine but getting this message is repetitive. Is there even a way to suppress the warnings?
If you play and bet, bet on Yoghurt Cannon.
old FatJohn

Post by old FatJohn »

jyinger wrote:I have the smae problem

What do you mean "recompile"?

Thanks

You probably know the meaning of the re preposition so i'll deal with compile! ;)

Compiling means turning human readable code into a language machines like to read. First you write a program with language of your choice, then use a compiler program to make it executable and then you can run your programs.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compile

He means that you must get the source code, edit it and then compile anew. You know Firefox is open source so you can do this. I have no idea wheter what he says is true, but this is what he means. Hope this helped. And welcome to open source world!
wrprice

Post by wrprice »

Recompiling has nothing to do with it and I wish people would stop spouting off buzz-words on the support forum when they don't know what they're talking about. How about a complete solution for adding a root certificate authority?

For StarField, click this link: https://certificates.starfieldtech.com/ ... 2_root.crt

If that doesn't work, right-click the link and SAVE the link to your disk, then...

Open Tools > Options menu.
Go to the "Advanced" category and find the "Certificates" section.
Click the "Manage Certificates" button
Go to the "Authorities" tab
Click the "Import" button
Load the file you saved.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050523 Firefox/1.0+

Re: How to update Certificate Authority?

Post by Guest »

I'm getting an error that the issuing authority is not recognized. The authority is GoDaddy, and is not listed in my Certificate authorities.

I have all current updates for windows and firefox. How do I get GoDaddy listed in my Certificate authorities?
LIMPET235

Re: How to update Certificate Authority?

Post by LIMPET235 »

Would you please start a new thread, stating your problem & leave these oldies to R.I.P.
Thank you.
Locking.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)