Firefox hangs while opening Tools -> Options menu

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
psager

Re: Firefox hangs while opening Tools -> Options menu

Post by psager »

I hope this thread helps those have the by-now infamous "tools-->options hang" problem - it sure helped me. I found an old version of TortoiseCSV on my PC, uninstalled it, and BAM!, no more problems...
Bertrandes

Post by Bertrandes »

Hello all, it seems that progress has been made in that there is a link to Tortoise. I have Tortoise on my "work" PC and will try an upgrade, will advise results.

However I don't have Tortoise on my "home" PC which has exactly the same tools\options hang problem. What would you recommend? Should I try to generate a bug / log file of some kind? All suggestions will be gratefully received..
bifus

Post by bifus »

Are you sure you never had tortoise installed on your home machine?
studmuffni

Post by studmuffni »

tortoise removal fixed the problem for me!

I had struggled with this for some time. As a side note, I also could not "Save as" in word. Removing tortoise fixed both problems! Very, very nice.
ianfas

Post by ianfas »

had exactly this problem and finaly i tracked the problem to a single file:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\profile_name\localstore.rdf
once i deleted this file the problem was gone.

ff version: 3.6.13
Kazamaru

Post by Kazamaru »

I'm having the exact same problems here, but do not have Tortoise on my PC, and deleting any of the suggested files has not fixed the issue for me.

Been having this issue for over a month now...

Even wiping FF off my comp, reinstalling, and putting version 4.0.1 on the comp hasn't fixed a thing.
Diallo

Post by Diallo »

I have the exact same problem and have tried all the typical delete rdf's and js file etc, reinstalling, deleteing all user profile info etc.

I fisrt started having this issue just yesterday after having an infection on my pc that redirected my google searches to shopica and having an annoying contest winner popups.
Once I cleared my pc of all spyware, trojans etc and my browser seemed to be working fine, this problem was introduced.
Diallo

Post by Diallo »

I also just found out that I am missing the browser.download.lastdir entry in about: config if that helps