mouse pointer dissapears in firefox. [Mac.]

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
selebes

mouse pointer dissapears in firefox. [Mac.]

Post by selebes »

I have a 3 weeks old 15" macbook pro and Firefox has been my default browser from day one. But just few days ago the mouse pointer has been disappearing from time to time and only in Firefox but is visible in all other apps.

Can anyone please help me cause I really want to continue to use it as my default browser...
Last edited by LIMPET235 on September 22nd, 2010, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [Mac] added to title.
LIMPET235

Re: mouse pointer dissapears in firefox. [Mac.]

Post by LIMPET235 »

Have you tried the Mac Support forum?
> http://www.apple.com/support/hardware/
Might be down to an extension?

Try running in Firefox "Safe Mode".
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode
This disables your extensions & uses the default theme for fault finding.

If Firefox is O.K. in Safe Mode then it's an extension causing it.
Run Firefox in normal mode & disable them all. Re-start Firefox.
Enable each in turn, (or in batches), re-starting Firefox each time, till the faulty extension is found.
Either update or un-install it.

See this incomplete list,
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

My cursor disappears when I scroll the window. I took that to be a feature rather than a bug. It does get the cursor out of the way. If I want it back, all I have to do is move the trackball.
fnet6

Post by fnet6 »

I had the same problem. It only disappeared in Firefox. Nowhere else. I had Flickr open, in one of my tabs. When I closed that tab, the problem when away.
fnet6

Post by fnet6 »

fnet6 wrote:I had the same problem. It only disappeared in Firefox. Nowhere else. I had Flickr open, in one of my tabs. When I closed that tab, the problem when away.

Sorry, I meant to say WENT away. But you probably knew that.
BrettAub

Post by BrettAub »

selebes wrote:I have a 3 weeks old 15" macbook pro and Firefox has been my default browser from day one. But just few days ago the mouse pointer has been disappearing from time to time and only in Firefox but is visible in all other apps.

Can anyone please help me cause I really want to continue to use it as my default browser...

< Big Sigh > Another year, new release (Ff 9.0.1) and this frustrating idiocy is still with us - and that's at least since Ff 3.0.6! I wonder how many people have moved to Chrome mainly because of this very-long-standing bug. Rather than keep coming out with new releases, I'd love the (usually great) Mozilla team to fix this and make sure - if it's extensions - that it can't happen with them either.

If the Ff competition wanted to discredit Ff, it's be difficult to find a better way than investigating and writing add-ons to exploit this problem and frustrate Ff user after user. And seeing 'No' several times and no 'Yes' to Mozilla's 'solution' about debugging in the 'Was this helpful?' polls doesn't make me wanna do their debugging for then, either. It'd be easier to [Go Chrome, it seems.