Confirm exit

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dfoulkes

Re: Confirm exit

Post by dfoulkes »

NO...
my Back to what... what option did you have in that window before?...
referred to the original option setting in the Options window that I've been talking about... not the warning prompt... as far as I can see changing the Options window setting in the When Firefox starts to what I have posted "should" get that window back.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Firefoxforever

Post by Firefoxforever »

dfoulkes wrote:NO...
my Back to what... what option did you have in that window before?...
referred to the original option setting in the Options window that I've been talking about... not the warning prompt... as far as I can see changing the Options window setting in the When Firefox starts to what I have posted "should" get that window back.

I tried and it did not work.

Post by Guest »

Old standby, but you seem to have tried all the things that would be obvious here.

1) What happens if you test for the prompt with TabUtilities disabled?

2) What happens if you test for the prompt with all your extensions disabled? (Do not use Firefox safe mode as, I believe, this also temporarily defaults all your user prefs.)

3) What happens if you test for the prompts when exiting from running Firefox in 'Firefox Safe Mode'? Do not tick/check any of the boxes on the first 'safe mode' dialogue. Just click on the 'Continue in Safe Mode' button and then open your tabs/windows to test what happens when you close.

Safe Mode | Troubleshooting | Firefox Support
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe%20Mode

Post by Guest »

i know this reviving an old thread but I came across this problem as well recently and found a solution.

It does seem, after reading through this thread, that many people misunderstood what the OP was trying to resolve and he simply wanted to unclick the "do not ask next time" and/or reset his preferences to default so it would ask him again, "do not ask next time" so he would make sure not to check it/leave it unchecked.

In any case, the resolution I found for this in case anyone else like me or the OP comes across this problem is to do this: Go to Tools, Options, and in the General section. In the Startup sub-section, make sure "When Firefox Starts" selection is set to anything other than "show my windows and tabs from last time" as this essentially is a extensive version of clicking "do not ask next time" whether to save tabs or not (as that selection would accomplish that automatically).

I am using Firefox 5 so I do not know if this applies in previous versions (and i'm under the impression that the "save tabs" option only came out in version 4).

Hope this helps those who are looking for an answer!