Email: "Important notice about your addons.mozilla.org acc..

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Oma1942

Re: Email: "Important notice about your addons.mozilla.org a

Post by Oma1942 »

I also received the same email and believe I signed up a very long time ago to review an addon, just ONE review! Beats me which one though and which password/info etc used at that time. Possible that could have been it?

What would happen if one would have used and still using the same password for many other sites?
Oma1942

Post by Oma1942 »

VERY STRANGE! I received this email today in my inbox. As anyone can see, no-one replied to my last post. *scratching my head* Or was a subsequent reply/comment deleted by a mod perhaps?

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic,
"Email: "Important notice about your addons.mozilla.org acc.." at
"mozillaZine Forums". This topic has received a reply since your last
visit.
You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more
notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the
following link:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2062565&p=10258775&e=10258775

If you want to view the topic, click the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2062565

If you want to view the forum, click the following link:
viewforum.php?f=38

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the
"Unsubscribe topic" link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by
clicking the following link:

viewtopic.php?uid=88589&f=38&t=2062565&unwatch=topic

--
Thanks, mozillaZine
wm4bama

Post by wm4bama »

I received this news article today from ComputerWorld:

Mozilla site exposed encrypted passwords

IDG News Service - A database of inactive Mozilla usernames and passwords was exposed on the Internet earlier this month, the Mozilla Foundation disclosed on Tuesday.

The database, which contained 44,000 inactive user accounts for the addons.mozilla.org site, was inadvertently placed on a public-facing Web server, wrote Chris Lyon, the Mozilla director of infrastructure security, in a blog posting.

Lyon stressed that the exposure "posed minimal risk to users." The organization erased all the passwords, which were encrypted. It also accounted for every download of the database.

Current users of addons.mozilla.org are not affected, because the organization upgraded its procedure for encrypting passwords in April 2009, Lyon stated.

Mozilla security officials were first notified of the exposure on December 17, through the organization's web bounty program, which allows volunteers to submit security-related bugs.

The Foundation notified all the account holders by e-mail on December 27 of the exposure.
East Central Alabama, Wildblue Satellite ISP, Linksys WRT54G2 router, Dell Desktop XP-Home-SP3, Dell Laptop Vista-Home-SP2, Run IE8 and Firefox browsers.
James

Post by James »

Oma1942 wrote:VERY STRANGE! I received this email today in my inbox. As anyone can see, no-one replied to my last post. *scratching my head* Or was a subsequent reply/comment deleted by a mod perhaps?

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic,
"Email: "Important notice about your addons.mozilla.org acc.." at
"mozillaZine Forums". This topic has received a reply since your last
visit.
You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more
notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the
following link:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2062565&p=10258775&e=10258775

Not strange at all as yes there was indeed a reply after your last viewing of this thread as did you actually click on the viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2062565&p=10258775&e=10258775 ? as it was pointing to the spam post that was made to this thread and was splitted off (by DanRaisch). Spam does happen on this forum as they sometimes tack onto a current thread versus making a new thread to post spam.
Oma1942

Post by Oma1942 »

James wrote:
Oma1942 wrote:VERY STRANGE! I received this email today in my inbox. As anyone can see, no-one replied to my last post. *scratching my head* Or was a subsequent reply/comment deleted by a mod perhaps?

James wrote:
Not strange at all as yes there was indeed a reply after your last viewing of this thread as did you actually click on the viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2062565&p=10258775&e=10258775 ? as it was pointing to the spam post that was made to this thread and was splitted off (by DanRaisch). Spam does happen on this forum as they sometimes tack onto a current thread versus making a new thread to post spam.
Okay, that explains it very well. Didn't think one moment about a spam post here because I've never seen one on mozillaZine forum. Must be because you moderators do such an excellent job. =D> Thank you for the info James.