Netscape 6 / Mozilla ActiveX plug-in (self-extract file)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
erleyedit

Netscape 6 / Mozilla ActiveX plug-in (self-extract file)

Post by erleyedit »

Where do I have my system store the plug-in on the hard drive so that Firefox can find it?
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

That plugin is configured to only run the Windows Media Player controls. You'll need to reconfigure it to run the desired controls.
"All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one" - Occam's Razor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110624 Thunderbird/5.0

Post by Guest »

I installed WMP9 and the plugins, but my system still fails the Accuradio test. I am trying to run Mercury Quality Center 8.2 (powered by Test Director). Build No. #3406 Enterprise Edition (11/18/2004). Copyright © 1993-2004 Mercury Interactive at http://sjmemcrba6a.stjude.org/qcbin/start_a.htm, however I am behind a firewall.

Will Firefox be able to run this program? It works fine on Internet Explorer. Working with code at this level is beyond me.

I get the following server error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '⊂'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '⊂'.

Source Error:

Line 62: SqlCommand commSongCount = new SqlCommand(sqlSongCount, connSongCount);
Line 63: commSongCount.Connection.Open();
Line 64: SqlDataReader drSongCount = commSongCount.ExecuteReader();
Line 65: if (drSongCount.Read()) {
Line 66: hashChannel.Add("songcount", drSongCount["songcount"].ToString());

Source File: C:\sites\accuradio.com\radioplayer_ltest.aspx Line: 64

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '⊂'.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader() +42
ASP.radioplayer_ltest_aspx.Page_Load(Object Sender, EventArgs e) in C:\sites\accuradio.com\radioplayer_ltest.aspx:64
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +772

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032
erleyedit

Can Firefox run Mecury Control Center?

Post by erleyedit »

PS

"That plugin is configured to only run the Windows Media Player controls. You'll need to reconfigure it to run the desired controls."

How do I do this?
Vectorspace

Re: Can Firefox run Mecury Control Center?

Post by Vectorspace »

Anonymous wrote:I installed WMP9 and the plugins, but my system still fails the Accuradio test. I am trying to run Mercury Quality Center 8.2 (powered by Test Director). Build No. #3406 Enterprise Edition (11/18/2004). Copyright © 1993-2004 Mercury Interactive at http://sjmemcrba6a.stjude.org/qcbin/start_a.htm, however I am behind a firewall.

Will Firefox be able to run this program? It works fine on Internet Explorer. Working with code at this level is beyond me.

I get the following server error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '⊂'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '⊂'.

Source Error:

Line 62: SqlCommand commSongCount = new SqlCommand(sqlSongCount, connSongCount);
Line 63: commSongCount.Connection.Open();
Line 64: SqlDataReader drSongCount = commSongCount.ExecuteReader();
Line 65: if (drSongCount.Read()) {
Line 66: hashChannel.Add("songcount", drSongCount["songcount"].ToString());

Source File: C:\sites\accuradio.com\radioplayer_ltest.aspx Line: 64

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '⊂'.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader() +42
ASP.radioplayer_ltest_aspx.Page_Load(Object Sender, EventArgs e) in C:\sites\accuradio.com\radioplayer_ltest.aspx:64
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +772

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

I've seen this error crop up a few times but I've no idea why. I think its unique to the javascript used on theAccuradio site - I'm looking out for an alternative test site.

erleyedit wrote:PS

"That plugin is configured to only run the Windows Media Player controls. You'll need to reconfigure it to run the desired controls."

How do I do this?

By editing the activex.js file that is located in the /defaults/pref/ subfolder of the Firefox install directory. As to how it needs to be edited, I have no idea.
"All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one" - Occam's Razor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110624 Thunderbird/5.0