Firefox 4 & FireFTP 1.99.2

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
gj112045

Re: Firefox 4 & FireFTP 1.99.2

Post by gj112045 »

after installing firefox 4 it does not show remote directory details.

also i am not able to see my saved account or connect button

also i am not able to add new account.

i am able to click on tools

please provide some solution
pizzi725

Post by pizzi725 »

Same problem!
FireFTP 1.99.2 doesn't display remote directory with FF4.
rsilbe

Post by rsilbe »

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/ there is now a new version that works
bcwoltman

Post by bcwoltman »

I had the same problem in not being able to see the remote directory. I have Firefox 4.0 and FireFTP 1.99.3. Not sure what I did but suddenly the ability to see the remote directory disappeared. Reinstalling FireFTP did not help.
Brad
(email removed)

[edit]Email address removed. No mail support offered here but harvesting robots are possible. danraisch (moderator)[/edit]
bcwoltman

Post by bcwoltman »

I have the v. 1.99.3 that rsilbe offers in a link. How does one restore it to "default"?
Brad
[edit]Email address removed. No mail support offered here but harvesting robots are possible.[/edit]
genestoy

Post by genestoy »

Why is FireFTP 1.99.3 opening in a small FireFox 4 webpage instead of how it used to open all by itself? And is there a fix to keep it sized the way I want it after it opens?
Thanks
Jasmina

Post by Jasmina »

Hello genestroy,
just adapt the parameters within "tools">"options">"interface">"Start FireFtp2">"in a new tab"

Hello All,
Technically my Fireftp works fine.
But since I unwillingly pushed a certain combination of keys yesterday (book on the keyboard :roll: ), the Fireftp-Interface has trouble in displaying all information. Font size changed to significantly smaller and the directories (most of them, not all) only appear on mouseover). I can use the transfer-arrows, allthough the arrows itself also only are shown when going directly over it.
I hope I could explain it rudimental, I am no native speaker.
Via internet I didn't find any hint for adapting zoom parameters. So I really hope that You can help me ;)
Thanks a lot
Mina
Jasmina

Post by Jasmina »

Hi,
I finally found out by myself and ists very simple:
reduce zoom or zoom in is same for FireFTP than for Firefox: press "strg" and "+" for zooming in, with "-" for zooming out.
In my case, zooming out made all my directories vanish and only appearing on mouseover, which was not acceptable.
Bye
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

Find them all here:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/addons/684/

FireFTP 1.99.3 - does work with FF 4.

FireFTP 1.99.4 - does not seem to work with FF 4.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
BruceAWittmeier

genestoy wrote:Why is FireFTP 1.99.3 opening in a small FireFox 4 webpage instead of how it used to open all by itself? And is there a fix to keep it sized the way I want it after it opens?
Thanks

Just a thought...Are you sure you are talking about FireFTP or FireZilla? FireZilla is a standalone app and opens in its own window, not a tab within Firefox.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
BruceAWittmeier

bcwoltman wrote:I have the v. 1.99.3 that rsilbe offers in a link. How does one restore it to "default"?
Brad

If reinstalling doesnt work, you might try uninstalling FireFTP whatever version(s) you may have then reinstall FireFTP 1.99.3. It worked for me on FF4.

To install see the link in my post above for all the versions. You will need to restart your browser after updating either the browser or the extension.
HappyJH

Post by HappyJH »

Try check the setting of fireftp from the right top menu under tools-> options -> connections and make sure the proxy is "none" or proper ones. You might need to test it if you do have one local proxy there. fireftp cannot run on active mode so no proxy ID and pwd field there. :( FYI. -JH
michael.c.genius

Post by michael.c.genius »

I had the same problem just now and I actually found two solutions to it, they should both work though I'll just stick with one.

At the end of the installation go to

View
-->Toolbars

Then click on customize

Then scroll down until you see the fireftp icon and pull it to your menu bar, of course under normal circumstances you can only see your menu bar after having pressed the "alt" key so, if you want to have access to the application on a regular basis you might want to enable the menu bar permanently, that should fix you right up.

Cheers :D
BruceAWittmeier

I just loaded a fresh copy of Fireftp 1.99.4 into FF 8.0a1 and it seems to be working fine.