Keyboard shortcut for Paste and Go?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
-21grams

Re: Keyboard shortcut for Paste and Go?

Post by -21grams »

buggeer wrote:And you could have read the thread to learn how the Paste and Go add-on works and why the built-in function doesn't even come close.

Seconded.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

If your goal was to get someone to start supporting Paste and Go extension, then you posted in the wrong part of the forum. Extension requests usually go in the Extensions part, but it's already here for a year, so it's too late to move it. Also note that the vast majority of extension requests go ignored. Anyway, I'm positive that the whole reason this extension was abandoned was because it became largely redundant to the built-in feature.

If your goal was to get someone at Mozilla to change Firefox, then you posted in entirely the wrong website as Mozilla's decision makers avoid this place like the plague.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
buggeer

Post by buggeer »

My goal is exactly how I stated it.
I wanted to ask if someone had Paste and Go with modified compatibility prerequisites, as Firefox 15 ignores the changes made in install.rdf. The extension works perfectly. The only problem is that guys at Mozilla Add-ons arbitrarily decided to take PaG 3 down when Firefox 4 was released what irritated the author making him take down all Firefox extensions down from his site.
You wasted your time trying to impose my goals with your "if"s.
I do not care about guys who make decision in Mozilla, as they intentionally choose to break the browser (as they did when they removed the statusbar and when they've hidden the RSS icon) so talking to them is a waste of time. Go to https://input.mozilla.org/pl/feedback and you'll see that people mention the same things after every release yet Mozilla ignores them.

To anyone that also wants a Paste and Go in their Firefox 15: Use the "Disable Add-on Compatibility Checks" add on. Every function still works perfectly in Firefox 15.
trolly

Post by trolly »

If you want to have a modified extension you can try to ask at "Extension Development". This here is not the place to discuss points of view which does not change anyway. Closing.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.