User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Gingerbread Man

Re: Keyboard shortcut for Paste and Go?

Post by Gingerbread Man »

A screenshot of its mighty features ;)

buggeer

Post by buggeer »

patrickjdempsey wrote: I haven't used any other browser other than Firefox for about 6 years now so I'm pretty comfortable with how it does stuff.

Oh, so you simply do not know what you're missing :) If it weren't for Opera we wouldn't have AIOS or P&G2. As for CTRL+B in Paste and Go 2 you can select "Assign high priority to Hotkeys of...".
As for
patrickjdempsey wrote:Not even remotely curious...
what is the reason you you came to this thread then? Perhaps somewhere deep inside your mind you desire the keyboard shortcut? Think about it :P
Kevin McFarlane

Post by Kevin McFarlane »

I wonder how many Firefox-ers use more than one browser? Firefox is my default and preferred choice overall, because it has the best combination of features and usability, but I also use Chrome a lot, occasionally Opera and IE when I have to - often via the IE Tab 2 extension.

I've found that no one browser is better than all others in every respect. So that's a reason I sometimes switch to the others for certain tasks. But even if I didn't, and only used Firefox, it benefits from the competition from other browsers. I've actually discovered Firefox extensions because a feature(s) has existed natively, or via extensions , in one of the other browsers. Paste and Go (I think, can't exactly recall) I may have discovered originally in Opera and then sought out the Firefox extension.
cowboy

Post by cowboy »

Thanks much, I just made the changes but haven't restarted FF yet, got too many things going
right now.

Thanks again

p.s. I assume paste is the same as before, right mouse, or ctrl-V ?

Are there other options for paste ? e.g. single right click on mouse ?
Jn 17:17
Gingerbread Man

cowboy wrote:Are there other options for paste ? e.g. single right click on mouse ?

If you're referring to the Paste and Go 2 extension, I posted a screenshot of its options at the top of this page.
Most mice with multiple buttons have an option to configure them in the mouse driver. You could set one of the side buttons to act as Ctrl+V.
cowboy

Post by cowboy »

Gingerbread Man wrote:That's not even remotely related.

1. Type about:config in the address bar and press Enter.
  2. Press the big button to bypass the warning.
  3. In the Filter bar, paste clipboard.autocopy
  4. In the search results, double-click clipboard.autocopy to set its value to true (default on Linux).

I did this, but no change .... is there something else I need to do
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Did you restart the browser?
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Gingerbread Man

cowboy wrote:I did this, but no change .... is there something else I need to do

It looks like it doesn't work on Windows. The preference might just be there to allow Linux users to disable the feature. You can try an extension like ClickCutter AutoCopy.
cowboy

Post by cowboy »

So I tried to reverse my earlier changes, since they won't work....

When I try about:config it bounces me here

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_FAQ ... ig_Entries

Any ideas ??
Kevin McFarlane

Post by Kevin McFarlane »

FYI for anyone who also hangs out in Google Chrome... I discovered by accident that you can get keyboard-enabled Paste and Go there too. If you have Google Instant enabled then a simple Ctrl+V in the Omnibox does Paste and Go.
buggeer

Post by buggeer »

Modifying the install.rdf file of Paste and Go 2/3 no longer works for me in Firefox 15. The browser says that it cannot install the add-on as it appears to be broken.

Does anyone have a working version?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

buggeer wrote:Does anyone h

what is the reason you you came back to this thread ? Perhaps somewhere deep inside your mind you desire the keyboard shortcut? Think about it :P
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
buggeer

Post by buggeer »

The reason I came back is that I've created this thread :P So my desire for the shortcut isn't laying deep in my mind at all, it's clearly visible :)
The reason I ask about the Paste and Go 3 for Firefox 15 is the fact, that the conclusion users in this thread reached is that we still have to use this add-on to access this basic function in Firefox.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

And yet, when it was thread started over a year ago Firefox already had this "basic function" built-in... just not to your liking. In that time you probably could have trained yourself the short-cuts:

Ctrl+K+Enter
Ctrl+L+Enter
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
buggeer

Post by buggeer »

And you could have read the thread to learn how the Paste and Go add-on works and why the built-in function doesn't even come close.