Firefox and Wireless Router?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
friendly1_uk

Re: Firefox and Wireless Router?

Post by friendly1_uk »

yup, looseing connection leads to an offline state that requires attension before the brouser works again. It's purely firefox this happens to so using another brouser is a sure way to not see this happen again.
I added the boulean? as outlined but it has done nothing. I will try the extensions next. ff4 is not an option though. tryed it... lost my favs and won't work with divx web player. So glad i had a disc image from the previous month.
VanillaMozilla

Re: Firefox and Wireless Router?

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Friendly1_uk, are you sure you didn't make a little mistake? The about:config seems to be verified by quite a few people. You have to type the name of the directive ( network.manage-offline-status ) perfectly, with no errors or spaces. You can just copy and paste it from here.

I would test it for you, but I don't have 3.6 under Windows. Never use an extension if you can just change a preference.

I doubt if you lost any bookmarks as a result of upgrading to version 4. I haven't seen a case of lost bookmarks for years now. If you just upgrade from the Help menu, it will not override your bookmarks. If you try to upgrade in some fancy, nondefault way, it's perfectly possible to misplace bookmarks by hiding them from Firefox, but you shouldn't lose any. The best way to avoid installation errors is just accept the defaults.