Synaptics Touch Pad Scrolling Doesn't Work

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
luqman

Synaptics Touch Pad Scrolling Doesn't Work

Post by luqman »

I have already installed the latest Synaptics Touch Pad driver from Synaptics Support website as instructed by Firefox Support but the touchpad scrolling still does not work on Firefox. Does anyone know what should I do?
The Fox is On Fire!

Post by Guest »

Dcisive

Post by Dcisive »

Thanks guys for the hack. It worked beautifully as I couldn't even load new drivers due to the Cpad used by Toshiba in my model. It worked just fine with the current drivers.......you guys are awesome!!!!!! Now I love this browser even more than before......now if it only had sounds enabled like IE6 does .........

Post by Guest »

You might check out this extension:
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.ph ... 7&hl=sound

Post by Guest »

I'm having the same problem! I did everything too, the hack, the driver and I even chatted with an hp tech support but still no luck.

please help

It's weird but sometimes I swear it works but only like for one second and when I try it again it doesn't work anymore
luqman

Post by luqman »

Thanks for the replies.

I did install the latest driver and I also did paste the following...

[Mozilla]
FC = "MozillaWindowClass"
SF = 0x10000000
SF |= 0x00004000

in c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\syntpenh.ini and i did restart too, but the problem still persists.
The Fox is On Fire!

what about horizontal scroll

Post by Guest »

But with this hack only vertical scroll works, not the horizontal scroll. Does anyone know how to make horizontal scroll work
christos

Post by christos »

Confirming the problem with Synaptics TouchPad V5.9 on WinXP Home SP2 and Firefox/Thunderbird:

I think the problem is in the driver. Older posts claim that the addition of the following lines to SynTPEnh.ini solves the problem

Code: Select all

[Mozilla]
FC = "MozillaWindowClass"
SF = 0x10000000
SF |= 0x00004000

(or other variations).

This is indeed the case for older versions of the driver. I managed to get scrolling working for Mozilla products with version 7.10.11.1 of the Synaptics driver. I failed with versions 7.12.2.2 and 7.12.2.7.

So, this old fix does not work with versions 7.12.x.x of the driver apparently.

--Christos

PS. Using
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0

Thunderbird version 1.0 (20041206)
christos

found working version 7.10.14.0

Post by christos »

Hi,

Just to let you know that I found a newer version of the Synaptics drivers that works w/o problems with Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird. It's 7.10.14.0, and it's provided (ehm, rather "borrowed") by Fujitsu-Siemens. Here's the direct link from their german webpage:

7.10.14.0 synaptics driver

Cheers,

--Christos
jxenon

Post by jxenon »

I also have the synaptic touchpad. I tried two different 7.12.x.x drivers and the aforementioned hacks to the .ini files to no avail. Just downloaded the 7.10.14.0 driver christos linked to (uninstalling the previous driver first). Vertical scroll now works like a charm!!!! Didn't even have to hack the .ini file.

Thanks Christos!!!!

I'm using an HP dv1000/ winXP
christos

Post by christos »

jxenon wrote:Didn't even have to hack the .ini file.

Yeah. I think all driver versions starting 7.10.x include "mozilla" in their *.ini configuration file. The problem is that sometime around 7.12.x (I haven't found any 7.11.x versions) something changes in the synaptics <b>code</b>. Mozilla is still included in the *.ini file, but the algorithm is now different and scrolling no longer works.

If that link is removed, drop me a line and I will upload it somewhere. I've saved it on my hard drive.

--Christos
mikejody1

Post by mikejody1 »

Can anyone provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to fix this problem? I, too, cannot scroll with my synaptics touch pad and Firefox. I do not have the following file on my computer c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\syntpenh.ini
christos

Post by christos »

What version of the driver do you have?

I think that if you click on the link I provided in this topic on Tue 22nd Feb 2005, save the file on your PC and execute it, you should be able to get a working version (with the ini file).

You must reboot before scrolling works.

Let me know how it went.

--Christos

(edited a typo)
mikejody1

Post by mikejody1 »

That did it! All I had to do was uninstall the driver. Thank you for your help!
magicsock

Post by magicsock »

thanks christos

the driver at that link worked. i'm scrolling this page up and down right now. i didn't even uninstall the previous (newer) version, and it saved all of my settings, including some that don't have controls in this version.

very helpful, as just about everything this notebook does requires firefox.
--Magicsock