Bookmarks Toolbar

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Post by Guest »

My wife just lost all her bookmarks including a large number relating to her research. I have searched all through her disk and tried a restoration utility - but to no avail. She is through using firefox.

Post by Guest »

Crashes, Long loading times, incompatible sites, limited toobar support, and now this??? whats the revolution here??

Please fix this problem ASAP in a way we dont have to be digging around here and there to find a solution. EASE OF USE is the key!!!
AnotherGuest.

Post by AnotherGuest. »

Last edited by AnotherGuest. on April 19th, 2005, 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bren Tierney

Post by Bren Tierney »

Anonymous wrote:Both of you need to read the FASQ at the top of this very firum.....scroll down to "Bookmarks", it's all in there.

And what happens if those very examples are proving problematic and/or you're not au fait with what you're bing asked to do???

This whole default profile being lost with all your favs/bookmarks is now beyond yawn-inducing. I know all my bookmarks etc. are there, waiting for me in my default profile - BUT ON EARTH DO I GET TO THEM/GET THEM BACK??!

Anyone managed to get a successful resolution yet, as currently, using FF is now a chore and not the pleasure it once was.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

I know all my bookmarks etc. are there, waiting for me in my default profile - BUT ON EARTH DO I GET TO THEM/GET THEM BACK??!

>> Here << is a step-by-step procedure with screen shots.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Tom88

Post by Tom88 »

the bookmark backup extension is not downloading for me. it comes up with a message saying i need to restart firefox before it will download. how do i get it to work?

Post by Guest »

bump. any help appreciated.
Broken Lioness

Post by Broken Lioness »

Can you simply recrash it? because none of those solutions are working. I know that sounds like a dumb idea... but it makes sense, at leas in my head, of course anything makes sence in my mind on under 3 hours of sleep.
Broken Lioness

Post by Broken Lioness »

I used the screenshot site, but it is not helping.

Also the bookmark download is also not working.
Last edited by Broken Lioness on May 15th, 2005, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoelG1967

Post by JoelG1967 »

Anonymous wrote:bump. any help appreciated.

Did you try the suggestions provided? You need to look at the links too. You need to provide more information like what you have tried.
<a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=106431&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=">A Good place to look for Firefox help </a> <===Click on this.

Why do people Uninstall and reinstall Firefox and say it does not help?
Broken Lioness

Post by Broken Lioness »

JoelG1967- your sig helped more than this thread- thanks!

No matter how much I dislike firefox... it is better than IE by a long shot.
AnotherGuest.

Post by AnotherGuest. »

Broken Lioness,
It does no good to tell us the solutions don't work. You need to tell us exactly what you did and exactly what you found. Otherwise, no one has any idea. We can't tell the difference between a user error and bookmarks that are genuinely gone. One user said they "did the search thing"--or something to that effect. There is simply no way of knowing if the user did not search properly, or did not find bookmarks files, what method was used, or whether files did not contain the bookmarks, or whatever. Without an explicit report, there is no way to know.

If you want, I can point you to a site that is designed to elicit an explicit report. But first you have to agree to report back.

Post by Guest »

my problem is that i have TWO bookmark toolbar folders. i cannot get rid of one of them.
manc39

Post by manc39 »

Anonymous wrote:my problem is that i have TWO bookmark toolbar folders. i cannot get rid of one of them.

Do you have the following code in userChrome.css?

Code: Select all

/* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
#bookmarks-ptf {display:block}
#bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator {display:inline}

If so, delete it and restart Firefox.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b1) Gecko/20060712 BonEcho/2.0b1
Guest1

Another way to fix the disappearing bookmarks toolbar...

Post by Guest1 »

My bookmarks toolbar disappeared today. I turned it on, but only a blank bar came up. My folder is still there when I go in through the menu. My navigation bar is turned off because I moved those menu items to the main bar (not nav or bookmark). Well, I turned the nav bar back on and it had all my bookmarks on it. So I left it on and turned off the bookmarks toolbar to get rid of the empty toolbar. Weird stuff - not sure how it happened. But the solution proved simple enough. Using Firefox 1.0.4.