FF6 won't ever open router admin; IE9 does instantly

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jcarerra

Re: FF6 won't ever open router admin; IE9 does instantly

Post by jcarerra »

malliz wrote:Noscript is pretty notorious for not taking the hint.
Have you tried Firefox Safe mode?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode...

Just did safe mode; same results--the login dialog just keeps popping back up each time affter name/pwd entered and OK clicked.
Last edited by jcarerra on August 29th, 2011, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Have you tried all the suggestions in the thread?
Are you sure that Windows firewall is off?
(It should be, with Comodo installed.)
D/L & run this small enumprocess app. (created by trolly, a moderator here) & post the results back here.
> http://www.trolly.homepage.t-online.de/ ... numprocess
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
jcarerra

Post by jcarerra »

LIMPET235 wrote:Have you tried all the suggestions in the thread?
Are you sure that Windows firewall is off?
(It should be, with Comodo installed.)
D/L & run this small enumprocess app. (created by trolly, a moderator here) & post the results back here.

Win FW is definitely OFF.

I will try above a bit later today...essential errands require I leave for a while. Will post back later.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

I have the same router and don't have an issue. I'm confused by what you said earlier.
Cisco-Linksys WRT120N Manual wrote:Access the Browser-Based Utility
To access the browser-based utility, launch the web browser on your computer, and enter the Router’s default IP address, 192.168.1.1, in the Address field. Then press Enter.
A login screen will appear. (Non-Windows XP users will see a similar screen.) Leave the User name field blank. The first time you open the browser-based utility, use the default password admin. (You can set a new password from the Administration > Management screen.) Click OK to continue.

NOTE:
  1. The IP address for the router is 192.168.1.1 not 192.168.0.1
  2. You don't enter name/pwd, you only enter pwd and leave name blank

This is the way my Cisco-Linksys WRT120N works.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Gopher John

Post by Gopher John »

RobertJ wrote:I have the same router and don't have an issue. I'm confused by what you said earlier.
NOTE:

That's the default for all Linksys routers, I think. I have a WRT54G and a WRT54G2 and that's also the way they're set up. He could have reconfigured it, I guess.

Both mine require JavaScript for configuration. They don't set cookies that I've noticed.
The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. - Albert Einstein
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Gopher John wrote:That's the default for all Linksys routers, I think. I have a WRT54G and a WRT54G2 and that's also the way they're set up. He could have reconfigured it, I guess.

Both mine require JavaScript for configuration. They don't set cookies that I've noticed.

As far as I know, could be wrong, the IP address is baked in; I see no place that this can be changed. Also, from the management screens, I see nowhere to configure a User Name.

I also have a WAP54G (covers my barn) which uses 192.168.1.245

Gopher John

Post by Gopher John »

RobertJ wrote:
Gopher John wrote:That's the default for all Linksys routers, I think. I have a WRT54G and a WRT54G2 and that's also the way they're set up. He could have reconfigured it, I guess.

As far as I know, could be wrong, the IP address is baked in; I see no place that this can be changed. Also, from the management screens, I see nowhere to configure a User Name.

I also have a WAP54G (covers my barn) which uses 192.168.1.245

It's on the Setup page of the WRT54G where it says Router IP. The 192.168.1.1 can be edited. Whatever is entered must be in private range listed http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc759287%28WS.10%29.aspx

http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/WRT120N-static-ip-routing-gt-connection-drops/m-p/329342 thread has a picture of the WRT120N Setup page which looks pretty much the same as the WRT54G.
The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. - Albert Einstein
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

It's on the Setup page of the WRT54G where it says Router IP. The 192.168.1.1 can be edited

I never noticed that. Learn something every day.
Gopher John

Post by Gopher John »

RobertJ wrote:I never noticed that. Learn something every day.

Me, too. At least I hope to. :wink:
jcarerra

Post by jcarerra »

RobertJ wrote:I have the same router and don't have an issue. I'm confused by what you said earlier.
Cisco-Linksys WRT120N Manual wrote:Access the Browser-Based Utility
To access the browser-based utility, launch the web browser on your computer, and enter the Router’s default IP address, 192.168.1.1, in the Address field. Then press Enter.
A login screen will appear. (Non-Windows XP users will see a similar screen.) Leave the User name field blank. The first time you open the browser-based utility, use the default password admin. (You can set a new password from the Administration > Management screen.) Click OK to continue.

NOTE:
Nope. Address I show previously (after correcting the original typo) is correct. I changed the local net when I got the router to avoid having to go reset the static IPs I have on devices, which were a dot0 due to the previous router. 192.168.0.1 is absolutely correct. username CANNOT be changed.

(How could I have posted anything if I was using a wrong IP address for the gateway?)

re no name. Funny. When I open router admin using IE, I use the 'admin' username and it works fine. Why do you say I have to not use it?
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

re no name. Funny. When I open router admin using IE, I use the 'admin' username and it works fine. Why do you say I have to not use it?

User name on mine is blank. Password is admin.

I just checked router login with FF5, FF6 and FF7b2 and they all work. I allow JavaScript and make sure that nothing inhibits it like NoScript.
jcarerra

Post by jcarerra »

It is not the Comodo firewall. I uninstalled it (Windows 7FW on) and still cannot open router admin. And it is not NoScript or any other extension because it does not open with FF in safe mode = no extensions loaded.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Have you tried resetting the router?
jcarerra

Post by jcarerra »

LIMPET235 wrote:...D/L & run this small enumprocess app. (created by trolly, a moderator here) & post the results back here.

I went there but all it does is display an image; no tool to dl???

Went to the site--same thing; I see no place to dl it. Confused.
Gopher John

Post by Gopher John »

A shot in the dark; check the Firefox Proxy settings. I have mine set to No Proxy. If you do have a proxy that you connect thru, add the Router IP to "No Proxy for".