Firefox compatibility issue with Facebook

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Mischief

Firefox compatibility issue with Facebook

Post by Mischief »

Many of us who use Firefox are now having trouble with Facebook pages loading incorrectly. All the info is shoved to the right of the page, then you have a huge blank white area before the main page begins 3/4 down.
DanRaisch

Re: Firefox compatibility issue with Facebook

Post by DanRaisch »

Clear the browser cache (use menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab->click on "Clear Now" button.)

Delete any cookies relating to the site(s) involved (Tools->Options->Privacy->Show Cookies button).
Mischief

Post by Mischief »

That was all tried first. No luck. No fix.
Mischief

Post by Mischief »

Someone even tried using an older version of Firefox, like 5, but their Facebook page is still messed up. Other browsers don't have this problem, so I'm wondering what Facebook did to screw things up. However, FB will not reply to us except to say that they cannot reply to individual problems. :(
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

And not everyone is having problems with using Firefox to access Facebook.

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
msamarie2

Post by msamarie2 »

I have Windows XP and Firefox 6.0.1 on my laptop. Is this the reason for the trouble with Facebook? Is Firefox 6 not compatible with Windows XP? Or why is my FB page all pushed to the right, and the newsfeed way below the personal info, etc.????
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Firefox 6+ is compatible with XP.
One thing everyone should try is Ctrl 0(zero)
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
kwaku

Post by kwaku »

Took the advice "control 0". Issue resolved. Problem seems to stem from "zooming" in to tight. Thanx.
Fenway

Post by Fenway »

I posted another thread about this problem - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=22966430. Unfortunately, none of the suggestions worked. I just tried the Ctrl 0 thing again - no luck.
flyandwee

Post by flyandwee »

Mischief wrote:Many of us who use Firefox are now having trouble with Facebook pages loading incorrectly. All the info is shoved to the right of the page, then you have a huge blank white area before the main page begins 3/4 down.

I have been dealing with the same problem for three days and have tried everything that has been suggested on this blog and many others. I have Windows XP and use the browser, Firefox Mozilla. If I use another browser, Facebook is fine and dandy. Anyone else have a solution?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Has anyone tried a new profile yet? Instructions for windows. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
lmansell

Post by lmansell »

i'm having same problem, when i updated the new firefox...it's a pain in the ***. and i've tried all suggestions ,,nothing has worked...
KateBB

Post by KateBB »

Hard to believe this issue is being ignored. Nothing advised has worked for me. The FB page loads correctly for a split second and then it morphs into a columnar configuration, as others have described. Please, please, someone, fix this.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Did "all suggestions" include creating a new profile?
What happens when you try menu path View->Page Style->Basic Page Style?
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

KateBB wrote:Hard to believe this issue is being ignored.

I've seen several suggestions here and at least one of them works for some people but not others, which makes me suspect there are several different things happening that may or may not be related.

Did you try any or all of the above?

- Clear your cache.
- Clear your cookies.
- Safe Mode: Go to Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled.
- Press Ctrl-Zero to reset zoom level.

Add to that list:

- Press Alt > Click View > Page Style > Basic Page Style.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/