firefox freezes for 10 seconds at a time

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Varzil

Thanks, This did the trick

Post by Varzil »

I was having the problem with the delays and tyhis did the trick.

It also took care of a problem I have been having with memory not being released when I close tabs.

I noticed the other day that my commit charge looked to be kind of high for what I had open and discovered that Firefox was using a little over 200mb with only one tab open.

After a little testing, I figured out that when I closed out the tab, it was not releasing the memory back to the system and it just kept building. Once I applied this, I checked again and Firefox was releasing the memory correctly.
"Of course, just because we've heard a spine-chilling, blood-curdling scream of the sort to make your very marrow freeze in your bones doesn't automatically mean there's anything wrong."

Post by Guest »

I think there is another workaround. On the desktop, right-click the firefox icon, go to "properties", and state that firefox should run in the W2k compatibility mode. It did speed up my Firefox 1.0.6 .
Ch.
Sakamura

Fix the bug already!

Post by Sakamura »

drhaze wrote:http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=247580
the problem with the prescott's and the hyperthreading is a bios microcode problem.
the newest E0 stepping is not supported by many motherboards. maybe even d0
i have been on the phone with intel and abit.. and it's definately bios!
the prescott is not flawed it's your bios!
it can be fixed it's not firefox and this affinty 0 is just a temp fix. i have been on their backs. abit says new bios in a week or so

Actually it is a Firefox problem check out this article in the MSDN:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;327809

Firefox is the only program on my computer that freezes using both Affinities and it is not a High Performance Application.
LIMPET235

Re: firefox freezes for 10 seconds at a time

Post by LIMPET235 »

barbarax...
Please don't bump these old threads.
I split your post off to here...
> viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1271245&p=6586485#p6586485
Locking this relic.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)