Streaming Radio not Working in WMP, Firefox 7.x

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Xantho

Re: Streaming Radio not Working in WMP, Firefox 7.x

Post by Xantho »

Thanks Bob ...I tried disabling all plug-ins except Flash, Javascript, both Microsoft DRM listings, and the Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library ...still no joy. :cry:
Last edited by Xantho on October 2nd, 2011, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Night Wing

Post by Night Wing »

It didn't play for me either, but with Firefox and/or Pale Moon, it plays for me if I click on my IE Tab V2 extension button.
juanchu

Post by juanchu »

I had the same problem after updating, but I did this, and it worked like a charm:

-Install Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin, from here (if you don't have it): http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/ ... n-download

-Disable the following plugins: VLC Multimedia Plug-in (only if you installed it with VLC) and Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library (the newest PCs don't have it, because it's useless, never has worked properly). Be sure that Microsoft Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin 1.0.0.8 is enabled.

And this should work.

The problem is that Firefox 7 tries to load VLC Multimedia Plug-in and Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library instead of Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.

VLC plugin never gave a problem, but now Firefox 7 is trying to load it before the correct plugin.

Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library never has worked properly; that's because Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin was released, to be the "replacement" of the first plugin. Now, Firefox 7 tries to use the "bad" plugin.

If you do what I've done, that won't be a problem.
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

Looks like I've made some mistakes here. :oops: There are two WMP plug-ins. Interestingly, both work on my system. The Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Library 3.0.2.629 seems to be part of WMP as it shows up as:
Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library

File: C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\npdsplay.dll
Version: 3.0.2.629

The one from http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/ ... n-download shows up as:

Microsoft® Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin

File: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox4\plugins\np-mswmp.dll
Version: 1.0.0.8
np-mswmp

I now see what Xantho was seeing:

With either one enabled on my system, Windows Media Player plays everything that's been linked to in these threads. I guess the key is to make sure only one of these is enabled if you see both of them being listed. I think what happened is that I did have the Microsoft® Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin (1.0.0.8) installed in my FF3 directory (which it still is) but I never actually installed it into my FF4+ installation because all the WMP stuff was working and I thought nothing of it.
Martin- Argentina

Post by Martin- Argentina »

juanchu wrote:I had the same problem after updating, but I did this, and it worked like a charm:

-Install Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin, from here (if you don't have it): http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/ ... n-download

-Disable the following plugins: VLC Multimedia Plug-in (only if you installed it with VLC) and Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library (the newest PCs don't have it, because it's useless, never has worked properly). Be sure that Microsoft Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin 1.0.0.8 is enabled.

And this should work.

The problem is that Firefox 7 tries to load VLC Multimedia Plug-in and Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library instead of Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.

VLC plugin never gave a problem, but now Firefox 7 is trying to load it before the correct plugin.

Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library never has worked properly; that's because Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin was released, to be the "replacement" of the first plugin. Now, Firefox 7 tries to use the "bad" plugin.

If you do what I've done, that won't be a problem.

INCREDIBLE! I worked great for me. THANX!
nael

Post by nael »

Thank you. Disabling VLC worked for me.
Xantho

Post by Xantho »

Thanks to juanchu and MarkRH, I was able to solve the problem :). After followed juanchu's instructions, I ended up uninstalling VLC altogether and now the WMP streaming is working. I don't know if I could have gotten things to work by keeping VLC, but my PC seems to work fine without it so I didn't bother to reinstall it.

Thanks again guys - I really appreciate the help! =D>
dasoviet

Post by dasoviet »

Hi,
I wanted to share my experience as well. I use WinXpsp3. Firtstly, I got the old look of windows media plugin (not the blue one with the 3d buttons) Firefox 7.0.1 used to crashes when I tried to stream video, audio streaming was OK. I uninstalled/reinstalled the plugin not worked. Then I just disabled the Windows Media dynamic library from add-ons and the fresh look of media player got back.
Sebcohen78

Post by Sebcohen78 »

Bob87564586 wrote:Desactivating the VLC plugin from firefox is a working solution for me; but I don't understand why.
But anyway: it works! :)

That's quite strange, this worked for me as well. Disabling "VLC Media plugin 1.1.11.0" and it plays perfectly.
Azarael

Post by Azarael »

I disabled VLC plugin, and boom, the sound was back!
Pete7

Post by Pete7 »

Flash, streaming audio and other multimedia stopped working since latest Firefox upgrade. Desactivating the VLC plugin from Firefox fixed all the problems