Non-tips in the tips thread

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
uran

Great Tips

Post by uran »

That's great tips. Thanks all guys.
FLAmps

Post by FLAmps »

Point your download folder to your quicklaunch folder (by default "C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR LOGIN\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch". Any downloads pop up on your taskbar when they complete.

-This assumes you have your quicklaunch toolbar enabled.
-I made a separate download folder on my c: drive, pointed the download manager to that, then made a windows toolbar that points to it. I turned off title and text and dragged it to the right beside the clock. Now the toolbar autosizes and disappears/appears as needed.
FLAmps

Post by FLAmps »

above should read "Point your download MANAGER to your quicklaunch folder"

Post by Guest »

by pressing ctrl and moving the mouse wheel at the same time will zoom a webpage in or out (by a lot) But what's dumb about it it doesn't zoom pictures in or out, that always stays the same.
CronoCat

Post by CronoCat »

Another alternative for back and forward keys are thus: alt+left for back and alt+right for forward.
Also, sometimes it's useful to be able to open the previous page in a tab, there isn't yet a keyboard extension for this (hint, hint), but one can do this: ctrl+click back or forward to get a new tab from the current page's location in the history.
WhyBeNormal

Post by WhyBeNormal »

CronoCat wrote:Also, sometimes it's useful to be able to open the previous page in a tab, there isn't yet a keyboard extension for this (hint, hint), but one can do this: ctrl+click back or forward to get a new tab from the current page's location in the history.

You can also middle-wheel click or scroll-wheel click on the Back and Forward buttons.
Old RPGM35

Post by Old RPGM35 »

pressing ctrl and left-clicking will put a border around a table cell

Post by Guest »

vcumom

Laymans help

Post by vcumom »

Home page keeps refreshing and maximizing itself after being minimized - quirky - thanks
jason oneil

Post by jason oneil »

To Download files to somewhere other than the Desktop, go into Tools->Options (From the menu). Click on the "downloads" icon. The top of that page should let you choose to either ask you where to download every file, or choose a different default download directory. Hope I was of help.
WhyBeNormal

Post by WhyBeNormal »

If you double-click the activity indicater on a the tab of a loading page, it will open a blank page.
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

WhyBeNormal wrote:If you double-click the activity indicater on a the tab of a loading page, it will open a blank page.
Hey I didn't even releazie that... LOL... I wonder if it's a bug :) ...
MikeBCda

Re: Did you know??? Some Features you may have missed

Post by MikeBCda »

AnonEmoose wrote:Tip: holding down the Shift or Ctrl key when you RightClick to "View Image" or "View Backround Image"will open the image in a New Tab or New Window.

I had to play with this one to clarify what was meant. More specifically, Shift-RightClick shows the image in a new window, and Ctrl-RightClick shows it in a new tab. (At least that's the case on my XP-Home system.)
My name is Any Key - please don't hit me.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the link! Remember it's only useful for broadband users & read the original authors' forum in the link!
ozwebfx

Post by ozwebfx »

sorry last guest was me ... just followed a link from my server log & thought I'd logged in ... now I'm off to have a look around the site!