"Help! I'm still getting Pop-ups" - The solution

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
craigevil

Post by craigevil »

np wrote:I've created a KB article:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Pop-ups_not_blocked

Nice. Short , sweet and to the point. :)
Raspberry PI 400 Distro: Raspberry Pi OS Base: Debian Sid Kernel: 5.15.26-v8+ aarch64 DE: MATE Ram 4GB
Debian - "If you can't apt install something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
My Giant Sources.list
craigevil

Post by craigevil »

Why did the KB article from np replace this thread in the FAQS?
Raspberry PI 400 Distro: Raspberry Pi OS Base: Debian Sid Kernel: 5.15.26-v8+ aarch64 DE: MATE Ram 4GB
Debian - "If you can't apt install something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
My Giant Sources.list
old np

Post by old np »

craigevil wrote:Why did the KB article from np replace this thread in the FAQS?

craigevil wrote:Short , sweet and to the point. :)
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Wish I'd known about your KB article sooner, I just gave somebody a link to this thread. Oh, well, that'll still do the job.
Win 10 Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 core, 3900 MHz (4450 Turbo), AMD Radeon Vega (integrated graphics). 16GB DDR4-3200, Firefox 125.0.1, Developer Edition 125.0b9, Nightly 127.0a1.

Post by Guest »

greenknight wrote:Wish I'd known about your KB article sooner, I just gave somebody a link to this thread. Oh, well, that'll still do the job.

This thread is still very usefull : it goes beyond Firefox-only consideratins, by underlining necessery steps to make your PC secured.

Now, an important question : How to choose your anti-virus softwere in regards to your specific needs (for exemaple, if you have a great pop-up blocker and anti-spider installation like an antiSpyware soft, well then you would pay more attention to the capabilities to block most backdoors/trojans/etc.).

From an excellent and objective source:

Anti-Virus comparative tests:

1. Kaspersky 99.88%
  2. Symantec 99.41%
  3. NOD32 98.31%
  4. McAfee 98.19%

My very mondain comment :

I've tried them all. [url=[url=http://www.kaspersky.com/personal-usa]Kaspersky[/url]]Kaspersky[/url] and NOD32 both use the lesat resources from you computer. Kaspersky is the best (very complete, also checks P2P transmissions). It is intuitive for novices as well as very complete in regards to configuration features for advanced users, by including many features not provided by others. And of course, it is Kaspersky, the one and only ;) - even referred to by Symantec and many other security resources as some kind of "standard" regarding dicoveries, descriptions and such.

On the other hand, I found NOD32 to be the second best. It has a very slick interface. When you look at the details in terms of discovery (instead of the global results which is an average), considering that my firewall also bloks most of the threats related to net Worms, and also considering the latest ITW list (in the wild viruses), NOD32 would be number one (in regards to protection, usability, update engine, installation and resource allocation).

Post by Guest »

thx
shahida

Post by shahida »

hi Filipp0s
thanxs so much for the information about disabling windows messenger service, the pop ups were going crazy, i followed the instructions and i think its worked, ive had no pop ups in the last half hour :)
thanxs soo much
shahida

Post by shahida »

hi Filipp0s
thanxs for telling how to disable the pop ups from messenger service, i followed the instructions and it worked, thanxs alot

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Isnt there a bug where we can report popups so that they are blocked in the future?
old np

Post by old np »

You can go talk about pop-ups in the Firefox bugs forum and they'll help you see if what you're reporting is valid and whether it's been reported before.