Error: Program must close to allow a previous installation..

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Vibha

Re: Error: Program must close to allow a previous installation..

Post by Vibha »

Thank you So much for your postings!!!!!! =D> =D> =D>

Post by Guest »

i have the same problem, I have deleted both file "xpicleanup.exe" and "xpicleanup.dat" . now mozilla working ...
thx Swami.

Post by Guest »

i have the same problem with XP but there is no such file xpicleanup (exe and dat) in my PC every time i close firefox and trying to open it i get messegae: The program must close to allow a previous installation attempt to complete. Please restart. After i kill firefox.exe procces i can start program. any sugestions. please help
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

The Firefox profile folder, where those files are found, is in a hidden folder by default. Did you enable viewing hidden files and folders before searching?

To do this, press Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View, under Advanced Settings click "Show hidden files and folders".

I hope that takes care of it. If that's not the problem, I don't know what it could be.
Win 10 Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 core, 3900 MHz (4450 Turbo), AMD Radeon Vega (integrated graphics). 16GB DDR4-3200, Firefox 125.0.1, Developer Edition 126.0b2, Nightly 127.0a1.
Dolores Grasso

Re: Error: Program must close to allow a previous installati

Post by Dolores Grasso »

Dear Firefox,can you deactivate firefox please?