MozillaZine

Disabling Image dithering (image:dither)?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Anarchi

Post Posted March 28th, 2005, 3:33 am

I'm using slow GPRS which is 64kb/s, and FireFox automatically renders most images (GIF's and JPG's) in low quality - I guess it just transfers the first layer of the image to save bandwidth.

This is fine with 1.0 and 1.01, since I can hover the mouse over the image and press SHIFT+R to reload the whole image to full quality, but sometimes it doesnt work (I think if the picture is hyperlinked, it wont give you the SHIFT+R option).

I looked in about:config and found an "images.dither" option, is this the correct option to change (so I can disable dithering altogether)?

The "images.dither" option is set to "auto", what do I have to change it to, "Disabled", or "false", or "normal"?

ShujiYagami

Post Posted October 8th, 2009, 10:49 am

there are 3 strings >

auto (default): Automatically decide
true: Dither images
false: Disable image dithering

i guess you need to put "false"

LoudNoise

Post Posted October 8th, 2009, 1:03 pm

You are replying to an elderly thread (2005). Locking. I suspect that the problem has either been solved or forgotten by now.
Post wrangler
Notice: If you have a comment on moderation, please post here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2706389 and don't private message a mod. I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

Return to Firefox Support