Foxtab will not work.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
The Cursed One

Foxtab will not work.

Post by The Cursed One »

I have Firefox Version 10.0 and have foxtab installed. Foxtab will not work. When I open foxtab, all it will pull up is a blue screen with "Top sites empty" box and at the lower left hand, all of the setting to change foxtab is all overlapping one another and none of them will open. When I right click to add a site to the list, there is no option for it. I have tried all different version of FF and even tried older flash. Still get the same thing every time.

Any ideas?
Last edited by ƦƬɉǟȫɉǽȫɏ on February 17th, 2012, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit Topic Title
JayhawksRock

Re: Foxtab will now work.

Post by JayhawksRock »

Try disabling all of your addons except Foxtab and see what happens.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
The Cursed One

Re: Foxtab will not work.

Post by The Cursed One »

Foxtab is the only addon I have.
vsub

Post by vsub »

No idea why but at least here when I try to use the newest flash played,I also get the same problem(I don't know if the problem started exactly with the newest version because I'm using old version of the player(with the newer versions I encounter more and more problems each time I decide to test a newer version to see if they fix the problems))

Currently I'm using 10.3.181.34 and I don't have any problems
Wolfcity

Post by Wolfcity »

I´ve got the same problem,Firefox 10.0.2 and since I´ve updated the flash-plugin up to 11.1.102.62 Fox Tab doesn´t work anymore.I hope,the developer will fix that.
Since than I will use Speed-Dial (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/speed-dial/?src=ss,it´s not as nice as Fox tab but does it´s job.

PS:When I try to open the website of the Fox Tab makers my ESET Antivirus says dangerous site..... :shock:
Alga

Post by Alga »

Have exacly the same problem after Flash update. Already wwote to the support on Foxtab
Wolfcity

Post by Wolfcity »

I found this to solve the problem:

What I did was going into global configuration (right click on any flash animation) Avanced/ trusted location settings/ add/ add folder/ and selected C:Users/Your username/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles
this folder is hidden so you have to enable hidden files visualization.

I am running firefox 10.0.2 with flash player 11.1 in windows 7, and foxtab is now running without problems.

Works for me too,there are a few bugs left,so the rightclick-menu doesn´t work and backroundimages produce problems too.But the add-on works for me,W7 64 bit,FF 10.0.2 and newest flashplayer.
jschury

Post by jschury »

Wolfcity was spot on! See post above and follow the instructions. Worked on all 3 Win 7 64bit systems.
punalava

Post by punalava »

Thanks the above method worked great!
AFNYC

Post by AFNYC »

Where do you find the global configuration..
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

If you open any Flash file, such as a YouTube video & pause it, you can right click it & select the options.
Careful, coz these are the real settings > http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... nager.html
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
LizB13

Post by LizB13 »

I'm also suffering from the same problem - my FoxTab homepage opens, but all the links are dead.

Just tried to follow WolfCity's 'fix' and encountered a problem: how do I make the change so hidden files are shown? Grateful for any help - this bug is close to being the final straw after a couple of mega-stressful days and I was fit to throw the computer out the window until I found this forum!!
Wolfcity

Post by Wolfcity »

You find that in system control,folder options.
My english isn´t good enough,so here´s how to do it under windows7:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/show-hidden-files-in-windows-7/

Hope that will help you.
James

Post by James »

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Show_hidden_files_and_folders

LizB13 is using Windows XP and not 7 if you look at his user agent.
LizB13

Post by LizB13 »

It worked! Thanks guys =D>