Session Expired error

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
VanillaMozilla

Re: Session Expired error

Post by VanillaMozilla »

You're welcome. That was a good piece of troubleshooting you did. :) Settings are not restored when extensions are disabled or uninstalled. Furthermore, changes in settings can have unpredictable effects on Web sites.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

foubevin wrote:Thanks to all your advice about New Profile.
Because, this exact suggestion helped me. Here's what I did:

1. Created a TEST Profile.

Just a note to everyone else on this thread - I think we need to make it clearer to people why we are suggesting a new profile. We know why, but it's not necessarily obvious why to other people.

For example - http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows ...read in that first paragraph how I really laid out what a new profile is and how it can be used, emphasising that it's an additional profile and can be used for troubleshooting, etc.

Now, we can't write all that every time in Support, but we could post the KB link or use the phrase 'new additional testing profile'. Might save misunderstandings, etc. ;)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Normally I would have posted that link about the new profile but I didn't because the OP stated this in the first post...
However, I'm able to login thru Internet Explorer, Chrome and using a New Profile in Firefox. I dont want to lose my plugins, extensions and bookmarks due to a new profile.

So... "My" assumptions were that the OP knew about that stuff from some prior reading..
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

dfoulkes wrote:So... "My" assumptions were that the OP knew about that stuff from some prior reading..

But...we can see from this -

..I dont want to lose my plugins, extensions and bookmarks due to a new profile.

...that the OP didn't really understand that creating a new profile is intended as just part of a troubleshooting/testing process and they certainly didn't understand that plugins would be autodetected by a new profile or that bookmarks and extensions could be later manually transferred over, if required. So...they didn't really know that much. :)

It's not a biggie, but I just wonder if these threads could be shorter, if we explained ourselves 'more clearly'.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Yes, this happens again and again.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

What?
& cut down on me readin' 'n' a'larnin'.

Agreed.
More input is required from both sides.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)