User Help for Mozilla Firefox
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
This morning I encountered problems displaying web content that requires Flash Player. This is what I've done so fare
- deleted flash, and then downloaded version 184.108.40.206,....which was supposedly the newest version
- still didn't work, so restarted system,......no luck
- Adobe Flash site says that I'm missing plug-in 220.127.116.11, and then when I try to download and install, it fails.
- it then asks if I want to install manually, which I click on, and it takes me to the site to download version 18.104.22.168,....which as you can see I've already done.
- I've gone to find archived flash players, trying "non IE" ones,.....searched for 22.214.171.124,....but nothing seems to work
So if anyone can help, I'd very much appreciate it.
It would help if you could
1) Post the exact error message or describe the specific problem with Flash content you are having
2) Post a link to the web page(s) that produce the problem or error message
To check your Flash version visit http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ or http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
To test the Flash plugin visit http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=YouTubeHelp or http://www.chemgapedia.de/vsengine/info/en/help/requirements/flash.html
For help installing and enabling Flash see: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash
Here is a bit more information (I was hoping that I could paste the screen messages which would be easier):
- When checking the flash, a "Plugin Finder Service" box pops up saying that I need 126.96.36.199.
- I click the "next" button,....and then in that box, it displays "server not found", and then asks if I want install manually
- if I say yes,.....it takes me back to the flash page to install version 188.8.131.52
- as mentioned, that version is already installed on my system,....I have both Active X,....and the plugin
- when I click on the second link that you provided,....it says that I do have a problem, and then asks me to do a number of steps to determine what version I need. But as stated previously, I have the latest version installed,...and when it was installed, the Adobe site confirmed that it was installed successfully.
- I tested by going to Youtube,....and the movie played with no issues
- But when I try to do some things like playing Scrabble on Facebook,.....it says that I'm "Missing a plugin",....and we start the whole process again, as described above.
I hope that that makes sense, and that you can provide a solution.
Here is a link to the scrabble page on Facebook: https://apps.facebook.com/ea_scrabble_c ... _bmpos=1_0
Just tried to access youtube,....but got the "additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page" pop-up - http://www.youtube.com/?tab=w1&gl=CA&authuser=0
When the pop-up "Install missing plugins" is clicked, that takes me to the lugin finder service" box,....as mentioned in my previous post.
I was having the same problems with Flash v 11.1 & 11.2 on Facebook an other sites, so I used the flash uninstaller from here:
Then re-installed Adobe Flash Player Version: 10.3.183.18 from here:
Then the problems went away.
Last edited by rob64rock on April 3rd, 2012, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks so much rob64rock,......I did what you suggested, and just like you,...the problem seems to have gone away. I guess the only concern,....and question is this,.....does running an older version of flash pose a security risk,....and what happens when a newer version wants to install itself? Thanks again!!
Same problem ....except in my case it is URGENT..... it is stopping me doing my job at work.
As a result I don't have time to read through reams of forum posts, but it does seem to be slightly different from the other similar issues here.
I posted this to "Pat" on the Adobe forum. Maybe Mozillazine can help, please!
Can Mozillazine help please.
Last edited by Daifne on April 3rd, 2012, 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary formatting
Adobe is still offering Flash Player v 10.3 along side Flash Player v11.2 on there site, if there were severe security issues with it Adobe wouldn't be providing a link to it on the same page, plus most sites are still only configured to work with or recognized Flash Player v 10.3.
The latest patched version of Flash 10 is 10.3.183.18 so make sure that is the version you installed.
Security update available for Adobe Flash Player .... Release date: March 28, 2012
For users who cannot update to Flash Player 184.108.40.206, Adobe has developed a patched version of Flash Player 10.3, Flash Player 10.3.183.18, which can be downloaded here .
…which links to an archive. If you need Flash 10, you can also use this direct download link for the Flash 10 Windows plugin installer (Ref)
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests