FF 13 && Adobe Flash Player ver. 11.3.300.257

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
baddie

Re: FF 13 && Adobe Flash Player ver. 11.3.300.257

Post by baddie »

I have done this,
Adobe Forums: How do I disable Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

& this

How to Disable Protected Mode of Flash Player in Firefox

i tried this, but it didn't work with notpad, i used notepad++ but the file wouldn't save in the folder, so what i did was save the new file to the desktop & then move the original file to the desktop [it changed its name to mms (2)] i then moved the edited file into the FLASH folder & i then opened Firefox & the flash videos started working again :D

Can somebody with the skill please have a look at this, it works for me i don't know for how long though, maybe this can be passed on to others.

Just one question, will a follow up update from Adobe fix this or will i have to change the file myself ?
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

Been playing around with this version of Flash and FF13. Easiest way to change that mms.cfg file is to just run Notepad as Administrator and then open that file to edit/save.

Everything seems to work fine for me in Windows 7 Pro 64bit. One thing I have noticed is that if Protected Mode is on, the browser looses focus on the first page that has Flash content. After that, it seems to keep focus from then on. This is more likely an Adobe issue related to those Flash processes starting and not a FF one.
goldyn chyld

Post by goldyn chyld »

So how to disable it on a Mac?
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

goldyn chyld wrote:So how to disable it on a Mac?

According to this: http://blogs.adobe.com/asset/2012/06/in ... refox.html it's a Windows Vista and above only thing.
tbdkqjyjkyk

Post by tbdkqjyjkyk »

Flash player 11.3 and plugin-container.exe crash often for me too. so in order to get things back to normal you have to disable the "new security enhancement" ? this is ridiculous... Adobe Flash itself is the worst hacker/troublemaker. [rant] can't wait for HTML5 video becoming the standard and uninstalling this Flash crap forever.[/rant]
Page14

Post by Page14 »

When is Firefox finally gonna be the first of the major players that says this crap is enough !? :evil:
You created html5 just for the sake of getting rid of some lifelong bugdumps like this.
You created html5 in partnership, now USE it, or will this, once more, be some testing feature we worked on some time to not bore ourselves, but we won't use it anyways.
ff user 00

Post by ff user 00 »

so if i use this

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1018071?tstart=0
and add
ProtectedMode = 0

this will allow me to use/see Youtube videos and sppedtest.net on FF instead of IE (which is working no problem :\)
ff user 00

Post by ff user 00 »

yes after restarting FF after doing that it works
tbdkqjyjkyk

Post by tbdkqjyjkyk »

even after disabling ProtectedMode I see random crashes that are more frequent than Flash v11.2 wit FF v12
msnewton

Post by msnewton »

Hi, this is my first post here. I would like to confirm that troubleshooting of ProtectedMode = 0 is working nice for me.
However, when I removed it again as mentioned in Adobe site, things didn't work. So I re-added it again.
Thanks every one for inputs.
With best regards.
Anon ymous

Post by Anon ymous »

I've experimented with disabling plugin-container.exe, following the instructions from here: http://techdows.com/2010/07/how-to-disa ... refox.html

And, I've restored mms.cfg to it's original configuration, enabling Protected Mode, following the instructions from here: http://techdows.com/2012/06/disable-fla ... refox.html

Everything seems to work fine, no crashing, yet, but my question is, does disabling plugin-container.exe affect the protection mode of Flash Player in Firefox?
Gopher John

Post by Gopher John »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0

Not on WinXP, as you seem to be running. Flash Player protected mode is not available at all on WinXP.
The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. - Albert Einstein
Some avg Joe

Post by Some avg Joe »

Just went thorugh this myself. I'm on Win 7, 64-bit.

Originally, I was on FF12 when the Flash 11.3 "upgrade" came through. After installing, I couldn't use Youtube any more.

Upgrading to FF13 didn't help.

With FF13, I added the "ProtectedMode = 0" to the cfg file and that worked.

But, I don't like running without that security, so I uninstalled Flash 11.3 and rolled back to 11.2 and took out the ProtectedMode line.

Everything works fine now (FF13 and Flash 11.2), and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :mrgreen:

Now, if everyone can get talking to each other to fix this, that would be great...
firefoxissh*t

Post by firefoxissh*t »

I'm in safe mode with all add ons disabled. I'm not going through the process of elimination. Youtube works now, but other video sites don't. What is causing the problem!............
Gopher John

Post by Gopher John »

Some avg Joe wrote:Just went thorugh this myself. I'm on Win 7, 64-bit.

Originally, I was on FF12 when the Flash 11.3 "upgrade" came through. After installing, I couldn't use Youtube any more.

Upgrading to FF13 didn't help.

With FF13, I added the "ProtectedMode = 0" to the cfg file and that worked.

But, I don't like running without that security, so I uninstalled Flash 11.3 and rolled back to 11.2 and took out the ProtectedMode line.

Everything works fine now (FF13 and Flash 11.2), and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :mrgreen:

Now, if everyone can get talking to each other to fix this, that would be great...

You do realize that Flash 11.2 doesn't have the protected mode at all. Besides, Flash 11.3 has other security problems fixed over Flash 11.2. How's your warm and fuzzy feeling now? :P
The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. - Albert Einstein