FireFTP error "gSiteManager is undefined"

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Re: FireFTP error "gSiteManager is undefined"

Post by Guest »

Could someone PLEASE report this to the author. I'd do it myself but I can't find his contact info anywhere... Your solution works, but I'm tired of doing it over and over again since every time I restart my computer the problem reoccurs (2.0.7 is reinstalled automatically for some reason)
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Guest wrote:Could someone PLEASE report this to the author. I'd do it myself but I can't find his contact info anywhere... Your solution works, but I'm tired of doing it over and over again since every time I restart my computer the problem reoccurs (2.0.7 is reinstalled automatically for some reason)

mimecuvalo-at-gmail.com
Last edited by LIMPET235 on September 11th, 2012, 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited the link...for obvious reasons.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
sean1983

Post by sean1983 »

Yes it works with 2.4 THX
neviens

Post by neviens »

To avoid this error don't use a non ASCII characters in Account Manager settings (Account Name, Login, etc).

To remove this error delete a file "C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\somemesshere.default\fireFTPsites.dat"

Post by Guest »

Suddenly same error. But switching versions didn't work for me... tried versions 2.0.4, 2.0.6 and 2.0.7
Aahzmandiuz

Post by Aahzmandiuz »

Editing the fireFTPsites.dat file and replacing the non english characters in the name of the site with english ones fixed it right up. Look for
{"account":"NonEnglishCharacters"
site

Post by site »

Upon examining my fireFTPsites.dat file that was giving me this error:
Error message= TypeError: gSiteManager is undefined
URL= chrome://fireftp/content/js/etc/sessionsPasswords.js
Line Number= 303

it became apparent that my fireFTPsites.dat wasn't in true json format. The key names where not quoted. i.e. host:"host.com" as opposed to "host":"host.com".

After editing the file (which was faster using search and replace methods) so that key names were quoted - the problem seems to now be resolved. And I've been on version 2.0.5 for what has it been, at least a year and a half now? Now I'm using 2.0.9 with this fix. Finally!
lm2b

Post by lm2b »

I've solved just opening fireFTPsites.dat with an text editor and saving with UTF-8 encoding.
Usinf FFTP 2.0.9 on ubuntu linux 12.10.
Ginchen

Post by Ginchen »

Thanks, lm2b! That worked! (FireFTP 2.0.10 on Windows 7)
jbartgig

Post by jbartgig »

I found this to be the problem as well. Adding quotes did the trick. I'm running 2.0.11 now without issue.

site wrote:
it became apparent that my fireFTPsites.dat wasn't in true json format. The key names where not quoted. i.e. host:"host.com" as opposed to "host":"host.com".

After editing the file (which was faster using search and replace methods) so that key names were quoted - the problem seems to now be resolved. And I've been on version 2.0.5 for what has it been, at least a year and a half now? Now I'm using 2.0.9 with this fix. Finally!
jmystique

Post by jmystique »

fireftp does not support accented characters in the fireftpsites.dat. Replace all of them and enjoy.