Favicons Gone - Good or Bad?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dfoulkes

Re: Favicons Gone - Good or Bad?

Post by dfoulkes »

KWierso wrote:CheckPlaces is still accessible elsewhere: http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Internet-U ... aces.shtml

I'd be interested in learning what was so horrible that the addon dev didn't just stop working on the addons, but actively removed them from AMO and scrubbed them from his site.

I suspect that he just got real pissed off and based on his Home-page it looks like that's the case... BTW... he also pulled SortPlaces ... and I'll assume his other extensions.
Andy Halford
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Earthlark

Post by Earthlark »

CheckPlaces and SortPlaces have been two of the most useful addons in keeping my bookmarks in good working order. CheckPlaces has also been essential for me as I use the bookmarks toolbar for my most accessed websites, and when I need to sync, I certainly Don't want to be clicking each one individually.

The bad blood between the FF crew and some of the addon authors is regrettable; perhaps that's why I've been finding Chrome more useful for the past couple years? Anyway, I keep coming back to FF because it's been a great browser for me in the past and still is because of some of the features and addons I use.

Post by Guest »

You can continue to download checkplaces and sortplaces here http://daniel-lange.com/archives/71-Syn ... d-ons.html

There was a rough transition period between the beginning of rapid releases with Firefox 5, and the turning on of automatic compatibility for most extensions in Firefox 10. But, that is the past, and extensions developed now using jetpack and recommended methods are likely to work for a long time.

There are still compatibility issues with themes, keeping a theme compatible with Firefox is a large workload so if there is a theme you like that does keep up to date it may be a nice gesture to send them a donation.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Earthlark wrote:The bad blood between the FF crew and some of the addon authors is regrettable; perhaps that's why I've been finding Chrome more useful for the past couple years?

Illogical drivel.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
incurablegeek

Post by incurablegeek »

perhaps that's why I've been finding Chrome more useful for the past couple years?

I'm not going to classify your comment as "illogical drivel". That doesn't help much.

Please understand, no sarcasm at all intended, I would very much like to know why you found Chrome to be more useful and, more importantly, why you returned to Firefox.

Note to all: One thing I have noticed about this forum, which is unfortunately unique, is the degree of snippiness that goes on.

This is a help forum. Help is requested. Help should be provided.

Snarky comments only reveal one's lack of culture, education or feeling of self-worth.

Enough said I hope. :wink:
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

incurablegeek wrote:Enough said I hope.

You said way too much and even managed an oxymoron
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"

Post by Guest »

Often help is not requested, and all that is done is to complain. That gets a snippy response at most support forums. At least here the most common response is to point out that the developers are not here and do not read complaints here.
http://www.mozillazine.org/about/
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

incurablegeek wrote:
perhaps that's why I've been finding Chrome more useful for the past couple years?

I'm not going to classify your comment as "illogical drivel".

Just as well, considering you are not even quoting the same illogical juxtaposition of two unrelated concepts that I was quoting and commenting on.

Support forums are precisely that, not soapboxes for complainers and the feeble minded.

Enough said I hope. ;)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
incurablegeek

Post by incurablegeek »

I came here to learn something -- and unfortunately I did.

Enough said I hope. [-X

I shall therefore unsubscribe. I get enough junk mail and spam as it is. :P
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

incurablegeek wrote:I shall therefore unsubscribe.

Lucky us.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gul8_GLzD4
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.