Need alternate Add-Ons for CheckPlaces and SortPlaces!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
GrrrBrrr

Need alternate Add-Ons for CheckPlaces and SortPlaces!

Post by GrrrBrrr »

Andy Halford gives up.

http://www.andyhalford.com/index.html

I used CheckPlaces and SortPlaces for a long time. But when the developer not support further firefox releases it's only a question of time, when they are outdated.

Does anybody know alternate Add-Ons?
Frank Lion

Re: Need alternate Add-Ons for CheckPlaces and SortPlaces!

Post by Frank Lion »

GrrrBrrr wrote:Andy Halford gives up.

Andy Halford stands up...for himself, more like.

http://www.andyhalford.com/index.html

Unfortunately I do not have the time or the motivation to continue to support these in light of the close-minded, short-sighted and increasingly inflexible organisation that Mozilla has become. Apparently spending 1000's of hours promoting their products and providing my extensions to the general public to fill the gaps in their product, and repair bookmarks destroyed by Firefox Sync, counts for little and does not deserve any flexibility or support from them. Apparently add-on developers are second-class citizens to them whatever they may say. Surprising given that these are the main USP of Firefox, and developers are providing their time and efforts for free. My decision was taken after a series of problems the last one being the final straw.

I will not be answering any further emails on this matter, I suggest that you direct any questions to Mozilla themselves and ask them why they were happier for me to leave than to use a little common sense. But don't expect anything other than at best a short, santitised response from the one person who appears to work there.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Daledoc1

Post by Daledoc1 »

CheckPlaces is still available here: http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Internet-U ... aces.shtml

(After reading Andy H's home page, I did submit a complaint to Mozilla. Surprisingly, they did reply with their (seemingly reasonable) side of the story. Both sides seem to have a point. It's not for me to say who is "right" or "wrong", though I suppose my gut instinct is to side with Andy. I'm just glad that CheckPlaces is still available, if not from AMO.)

HTH,

daledoc1

PS There is a bit more discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2488625
Updated specs: Longtime TB user. Currently on Win10 desktop (about to die), Win7 desktop (temporarily resuscitated), backup Win7 laptop (decommissioning soon), and -- soon -- Win11 PRO x64 desktop.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Locking to save any further spam.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)