Created new FF Profile, now won't save customizations

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Telstar

Re: Created new FF Profile, now won't save customizations

Post by Telstar »

UPDATE:

I just upgraded to Firefox 12.0 using the "Check for Updates" in the Toolbar's Help.

I saved my Profile (2) to a safe container in the event it's needed.

It would seem I had nothing to fear, but fear itself because, low and behold, everything was restored that I wanted from the v3.6.28 except for a few Add-ons: Avast Web Rep and the Divx Plus Web Player; plus these which I am told will be "enabled as soon as they are compatible": Cooliris, Fullscreen, Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant, Quick Restart, and (the aforementioned) Spellbound. All other Add-ons were updated automatically.

All my bookmarks and my Bookmark Toolbar magically appeared fully intact, and even my favorite Googlebar, which I was pretty sure I would never see again, appeared in it's usual position overhead. The Session Manager, WOT, and QuickNote Icons were in the Customize menu just where I was hoping they'd be, and I've moved them to the Navigation Toolbar for quick access.

Barring any unforeseen circumstance yet to be determined, I'm very happy I finally made the move.

Thanks to edjmn for your advice and support, it was invaluable.

Any additional advice from anyone would be welcome, but so far so good!

Many thanks!

:)

P.S. next thing I'd like to do, perhaps in a day or two once I've built up the confidence I no longer need them, is to clean (rid) my system of old FF Profiles from days gone by that will not take up space and clutter up my system. I presume I can simply search them out where they reside and delete them.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Signatures
Sizes
Signature's text size should not be changed.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Gopher John

Post by Gopher John »

Avast WebRep is compatible with the newer Firefox releases. If it's not in your case, perhaps your Avast program install needs updating.
The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. - Albert Einstein
Telstar

Post by Telstar »

Gopher John wrote:Avast WebRep is compatible with the newer Firefox releases. If it's not in your case, perhaps your Avast program install needs updating.

My Avast is automatically updated one or two times daily, but that wasn't the issue.

I found when I went to the Add-ons Manager>Recent Updates to check it out, there was this button labeled "Enable". Once I clicked on it, the Avast WebRep started, and all is well.

Screenshot:

Everything is working very well with my newly installed FF 12.0, and using FEBE to install my old Bookmarks, Themes, etc. (Full Profile) really makes the process pretty simple.

I'm not having any issues right now, but if I do I'll re-visit this thread (or start a new one if it's a unique problem) where I know I can get the help I need.

Thanks everyone!

:)
Gopher John

Post by Gopher John »

I see by your picture that you have updated the Avast program to the latest, 7.0.1451. Just for an FYI, there will be another Avast program update released this week sometime to address issues some people are experiencing with this version.

Happy to see you updated Firefox successfully.
The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. - Albert Einstein