MozillaZine

FF Version 13 Anomalies

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Prince_Rogue

Post Posted July 11th, 2012, 7:30 pm

It seems that version 13 of both Firefox and Thunderbird introduced some strange anomalies.

Such as FF losing focus when started. Or TB lagging in many ways, like, when arrowiing down folder lists, sometimes the highlight does not follow instantly or at all.

In quite a few posts, people have mentioned cpu/memory usage. This was prior to version 13. But I never experienced these issues until 13...and they are very noticiable.

What I would like to know is if version 13 is in fact responsible and if there is a fix or if this will be covered in the next version before I spend a lot of time redoing anything. Its been suggested that the profiles be redone. If tha tis what it takes, that is ok but I am not anxious to jump into that just yet.

Any thoughts?

JayhawksRock

Post Posted July 11th, 2012, 7:56 pm

Firefox 14 will be out 7/16. If 13 is bearable then wait till then. You may still want to make a new profile then so you can get rid of the "cruft" left over from every extension you ever installed and then removed as well as all the about:config speed tweaks we all did on Firefox 3.4 and 3.6 that are now slowing Firefox down.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln

KWierso

Post Posted July 11th, 2012, 10:18 pm

Losing focus is probably a Flash bug. You can disable Flash's protected mode, which should work around that bug.
Steps to disable protected mode are here, in the "last resort" section.

Return to Firefox Support