Firefox 14 a lot of plugins it DOESN'T UPDATED

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
fits79

Firefox 14 a lot of plugins it DOESN'T UPDATED

Post by fits79 »

Hi.

Before one minute i make the update from 13.0.1 to 14.0.1 and a lot of my plugins DOESN'T updated to the new version of firefox 14.0.1 why is that happening and how i can fix it if it was a problem.

Or i must wait so these plugins updates by default?

Gingerbread Man

Re: Firefox 14 a lot of plugins it DOESN'T UPDATED

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Hello,

Simply check for add-on updates and they should sort themselves out.
support.mozilla.org/kb/re-enable-add-ons-disabled-when-updating
fits79

Post by fits79 »

I do that my friens but IT DOESN'T FIND ANY UPDATES FOR THESE PLUGINS so i ask if i must simply wait ti make it combatible with the new firefoc 14.0.1
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

fits79 wrote:I do that my friens but IT DOESN'T FIND ANY UPDATES FOR THESE PLUGINS so i ask if i must simply wait ti make it combatible with the new firefoc 14.0.1

This extension will enable what you have > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ty/?src=ss

Restart Firefox after installing and they should be enabled. The extensions may not work if they truely need to be updated
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Odd, Add to Searchbar 2.0's compatible with 14.01(after update) and 14b here, without that extension...
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Do you know if that extension works for Themes too? ... I use a diff. theme for my Test profile so that I can keep from messing up my
default one but noticed that the theme I was using was gook up to FF14.0 and not FF14.01.

Also, do you know why the jump to the .01 and not the .00 release... just wondering.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

dfoulkes wrote:Do you know if that extension works for Themes too?

Yes with the proviso it only lets you use the theme it won't fix any problems :)
dfoulkes wrote:Also, do you know why the jump to the .01 and not the .00 release... just wondering.

Something to do with the mobile release I believe
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I'll install that extension in my Test profile as see how it goes... If the theme-author had it ready for 14.0 but the .01 got out... maybe it's just a
number issue and not a coding issue... guess I'll see. Thanks again.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Hmm, slightly off topic but I'm suspecting some AMO 'updated' themes are just being bumped, I stopped using a couple (MacOSX and Smallrings) because with nearly every beta update they became a little bit more broken.
I'm not talking about ones that are obviously being actively maintained, in the case of OSX I'd been bumping it until the New Tab display was so messed up I removed the theme. Imagine my surprise when seeing it had been 'updated' I installed it again and exactly the same mess was there.
Last edited by mightyglydd on July 17th, 2012, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
fits79

Post by fits79 »

JayhawksRock wrote:
fits79 wrote:I do that my friens but IT DOESN'T FIND ANY UPDATES FOR THESE PLUGINS so i ask if i must simply wait ti make it combatible with the new firefoc 14.0.1

This extension will enable what you have > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ty/?src=ss

Restart Firefox after installing and they should be enabled. The extensions may not work if they truely need to be updated

Yes but if i do that plugin i can't then update any plugin when it released the update for any plugin.

And i CAN'T install that plguin because it tells me that it is not combatible with firefox 14.0.1 so....
James

Post by James »

dfoulkes wrote:Also, do you know why the jump to the .0.1 and not the .0 release... just wondering.

In case you forgot, the mobile Firefox took the 14.0 a short while ago and in order to be inline with the mobile Firefox 14.0.1 update, the desktop Firefox is at 14.0.1 also.

The 14.0 before for desktop were Beta test builds.

fits79 wrote:Yes but if i do that plugin i can't then update any plugin when it released the update for any plugin.

You are referring to Extension as the word Plugins normally refer to say Flash, Java, quicktime, realplayer etc.
fits79

Post by fits79 »

I mean if i can install the plugin you say how i can update any plugins when the update it comes because i was disable the update checks so....
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

fits79 wrote:I mean if i can install the plugin you say how i can update any plugins when the update it comes because i was disable the update checks so....

The extension stops Firefox from checking compatability and disabling any extension. It does NOT prevent the extensions from updating when new versions are available.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
James

Post by James »

Also this extension has no impact on the Plugins.
fits79

Post by fits79 »

Even with checkcombability 1.3 installed at firefox 13.0.1 when you updated to 14.0.1 then automatically is disabled because IT ISN'T COMBATIBLE WITH 14.0.1 SO.....