Firefox 14 a lot of plugins it DOESN'T UPDATED

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dfoulkes

Re: Firefox 14 a lot of plugins it DOESN'T UPDATED

Post by dfoulkes »

fits79 wrote:Yes what is the difference betweern of them?

Addons is the name given for the following...it's like a top category name that covers all of them...

Extensions = Small code-programs developed by people to enhance the functionality of (in this case) Firefox.

Plugins = Small interfaces between Firefox and those Applications that the users have installed on their computers... Such has, Adobe Reader, Windows Media player, JAVA etc., etc.
When Firefox starts it reviews the applications that a user has installed on there computer and "pulls" a copy of the Applications plugin into Firefox... All browsers do that.

Themes = Fairly small code-programs developed by people to provide the user with a different presentation of the browser... colors, different icons etc., etc.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
fits79

Post by fits79 »

How i can know if any plugin is compatible with firefox 14.0.1?

I ask that because all plugins it only say it is compatible from firefox 9.0 but NONE it says until what version of firefox is compatible.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I don't understand your question ... and, lets not use the term Plugins if they are "not" plugins... are you talking about "Extensions"?

You can list the items that you are have an issue with here... maybe we can recognize something... I use this extension to help post clean listings...
Extension List Dumper :: Add-ons for Firefox

Also, if that doesn't work for you... make a screen-shot of what you see and post it here....
See: Posting_a_screenshot_on_the_forum.
Posting a screenshot on the forum - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
Use a compressed image format like .png or .jpg and please do not post large images that break the forum layout, use thumbnails instead or only post a link.
If you need a place to host a screenshot... Note the "Uploading for general use" section of the document.
fits79

Post by fits79 »

You stuck at words....

What exactly do the extention you tallied me?

You can understand what i mean so....

I want to know HOW i can know if any extention or plugin is combatible with what firefox version.

So simple.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

[url]
fits79 wrote:
I want to know HOW i can know if any extention or plugin is combatible with what firefox version.

So simple.

So go to AMO and review the extensions you have questions about.

I charge for doing other peoples work for them.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

fits79 wrote:You stuck at words....

What exactly do the extention you tallied me?

You can understand what i mean so....

So simple.

So, if you went to a doctor and asked that a "growth" be removed and the doctor started removing your left ear (which can also be seen as a growth... since it grew) ... you would be OK with that. Specific term-use of addon-sections are important so that we don't "waist" our time going down the wrong path...that goes for anything in life.

BYE!
spunker88

Post by spunker88 »

I switched over to Firefox ESR when I got updated to 14. I use Firefox because its heavily customizable, but having stuff break all the time due to the rapid new versions is annoying. I don't mind waiting on a few new features I'd probably never use but do like he frequent security updates so Firefox ESR which is based on Firefox 10 with the latest security updates added is the way to go.