Operation timed out

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
DarkAzN

Post by DarkAzN »

yeah i tried everything yall posted and still i can't get into this one site.....idk if it's me or the forum
but i went to other houses in my town and one can get in the the site i want....
here's teh site www.anime-forums.com

Post by Guest »

I have Firefox 1.07 on Ubuntu at home and at the office --- two different ISPs. The one at home works great, and the one at the office doesn't load pages at all. The one at the office displays the "operation timed out" message for nearly every site --- google, yahoo, whatever. The same sites can be pinged, but Firefox won't load the pages.
anewbie

Post by anewbie »

Can you help me out, I get this "timed out" problem... but for all sites. I've tried clearing the cache (some other sites advised that) and changing the year.
It has made no difference. I have cookies allowed, and reinstalling Firefox didn't help. IE loads pages fine, but Firefox, notihng. I've tried a whole lot of pages including www.google.com, www.oink.com, www.helpmefirefoxhasstuffedup.com....
But please tell me (in simple, laymans terms; I'm a noob), how to deal with it.

advTHANKSance,
a newbie.

Post by Guest »

I was having a problem with the newest build 1.5
Everytime I was on the web or sending mail, "Timed OUT".
I got rid of 1.5 and reinstalled 1.0.7, cured!!!
It works perfect now? No more time outs!!!!!
Wild Bill

Post by Guest »

emuvortex.net/forum
This one works for me

Post by Guest »

hi, i cn't connect to my website http://deathscape.co.uk
my friends can but i get the timedout message :S
Dennis317

Post by Dennis317 »

I have to back up meskir. I began having a problem with accessing MySpace this past week, and I cannot access it from either Firefox or IE 6. I can access it from my Win2K laptop, or my Mac G4, but from my XP desktop machine, this is the only site I cannot access. I've cleared the caches, and so far nothing works. Can't hit it directly from the IP address either. Something has infected my computer regarding this site, but nothing pics up on my AV scan. Where to look, where to look...anyone?

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I have Firefox 1.07 on Ubuntu at home and at the office --- two different ISPs. The one at home works great, and the one at the office doesn't load pages at all. The one at the office displays the "operation timed out" message for nearly every site --- google, yahoo, whatever. The same sites can be pinged, but Firefox won't load the pages.

This is EXACTLY my experience also.

I have linux/firefox at home, and windows/firefox at the office. The office one can reach google.com but not mail.google.com
jeff11377

connection issues

Post by jeff11377 »

Seems like everyone is having the same connection issues. Did anyone ever find a solution to the problem?

Unable to connect to one site in IE and Fx or any browser for that matter. It is only one site that I have the problem with. However it is an important site for me.

I checked the firewall, proxy, browser settings, security level. Basically checked everything that was suggested but no solutions yet.

Did anyone ever find a solution?
Kiu

Routing and "doc contains no data"

Post by Kiu »

The cause of this is definitley the router. For those who can, bypass your router and connect directly to your modem. You'll see that the problem ceases to exist. For those who cannot, due to corporate network or whatever, take my word for it.

Here's the best fix: Set your MTU on the router to the closest low value to 1100. On mine, a linksys wireless G, the lowest allowed value is 1200. This clears up most of the problems, such as checking internet mail, paying bills online, any other activity which involves submitting form data.

Hopre that helps.
Thankfull Guest

Re: Routing and "doc contains no data"

Post by Thankfull Guest »

Kiu wrote:The cause of this is definitley the router. For those who can, bypass your router and connect directly to your modem. You'll see that the problem ceases to exist. For those who cannot, due to corporate network or whatever, take my word for it.

Here's the best fix: Set your MTU on the router to the closest low value to 1100. On mine, a linksys wireless G, the lowest allowed value is 1200. This clears up most of the problems, such as checking internet mail, paying bills online, any other activity which involves submitting form data.

Hopre that helps.

YOU ARE A LEGEND!!! Ive been trying for days to get this working!
This worked for me! Thankyou! :)
NewBDoB

timeouts

Post by NewBDoB »

CPU: 2ghz celeron
ram: 640 MB
browser: mozilla seamonkey v 1.0.4

I recently connected my system through a US Robotics 5461 router [by cable, not wireless] and am having frequent 'net timeout' alerts. I have a 4mbps level service and didn't have this problem when connected directly through a switch hub.

Is there a setting in about:config that alters this timeout factor? I didn't recognize any if there is.

As to the suggestion to change the MTU, i don't see an option for that in my router setup.

If reverting back to an earlier version cures this.. that may indicate that something in the code doesn't agree with my router.
speedtrip

Firefox slow to load

Post by speedtrip »

I changed the MTU settings but did not work. I then disabled Norton AV 2006 and it resolved the problem.

Just tried resetting MTU back as it was and its loading real slow.

So what do I do about Norton AV 2006.

Ive just connected a Lynsys WAG54G v2 today so that must be the route cause

any views?

Speedtrip
Vaid

Re: Operation timed out

Post by Vaid »

I have the same problem with IE 6.0 and Fox 3 when opening www.freechess.org Not able to open. Not able to ping. Message is server timed out. Same as above message by Anonymous.
Vaid R K
A.DHANDAPANI

Re: Operation timed out

Post by A.DHANDAPANI »

Timeout connections.

<i had the same problem and it turned out to be the linksys router, i updated the firware and everything works again>

Upgrading the firmware of my linksys router seems to have help solve my timeout issue problem, atleast I have had no problems for the last hour or so. Upgrading the firmware has sped up my internet connection, quite a bit, too. Thanks to all. Maybe someone can start a linksys headline that can be accessed via a search querie. I bet that would help a lot of people. Thanks again.