Live.com (outlook.com) is horribly slow

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
_Alexander

Live.com (outlook.com) is horribly slow

Post by _Alexander »

live.com (outlook.com) is horribly slow in Firefox. Bug #?
I mean IE10 wipes its plate with Firefox on that site.
http://magneticpudding.com/ <- My Blog
i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz / NV 660 / 32GB DDR3 / 1080p LCD / SSD (120 + 180) / W8 ||| Atom N270 / NV ION / 3GB DDR3 / SSD / 1366x768 / W8
LoudNoise

Re: The Official Win32 20120830 builds are not yet out

Post by LoudNoise »

It helps if you let us know what version you are using. Also, does the same problem happen in the release?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
_Alexander

Post by _Alexander »

LoudNoise wrote:It helps if you let us know what version you are using. Also, does the same problem happen in the release?

mozilla-central-32 about an hour ago

Don't have non-nighty installed though
i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz / NV 660 / 32GB DDR3 / 1080p LCD / SSD (120 + 180) / W8 ||| Atom N270 / NV ION / 3GB DDR3 / SSD / 1366x768 / W8
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

You might want to download Firefox portable and see if the problem exists. It is a very new site so it could be just growing pains.

Splitting off to a new thread since there isn't a reason to assume this is a nightly issue.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
LoudNoise

Re: Live.com (outlook.com) is horribly slow

Post by LoudNoise »

Moved to support to see if anyone else has the problem.
Post wrangler
Are You A Wiiizard?

Post by Are You A Wiiizard? »

For my brother and I, Firefox 14(stable)-Firefox 16(Aurora) weren't even working with live.com (outlook and hotmail) approx from 6th of August (haven't tried stable/beta/aurora updated builds yet).
The page would load and I was able to see the first email, the amount of new emails ect. but clicking on anything on the page did nothing (so was unable to read all but topmost email...).
I fixed it by switching to Firefox nightly which works, but quite slowly... (at first it would crash on first view and work after restarting, crashing stopped around the 23rd). My brother fixed it by using Chrome and having a hard time getting him back on FF :cry:
I'm now waiting for Aurora to officially update so I can use that but it seems (by looking at feature release page) that they've dropped the panel download manager in Aurora :? I hope not as I don't want to be on nightly forever and I'm loving the new download manager to abandon it :-k
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No problem with that site using version 15.0. Have you tried accessing Live.com while running in Mozilla Safe Mode?
Are You A Wiiizard?

Post by Are You A Wiiizard? »

It's still happening with/without safe mode disabled. Though I believe maybe a plugin is causing the issue. I have a tonne of plugins on stable/beta/aurora but hardly any on Nightly (since it's x64).
EDIT: It's the java plugin causing it. I've installed Java 1.8 b53 dev preview, wouldn't have thought live.com uses java but I'm disabling anyways since even the latest dev preview has the latest security flaws... That and I hardly ever use it inside FF, mainly for desktop applications. @OP, try disabling java plugins, it may be what's causing your lagg.
_Alexander

Post by _Alexander »

Just checked out on FF15.
Turns out it is nothing new.

Firefox just gets it arse kicked by Hotmail.com, nothing nightly related.

Very nice performance on IE10 so, I will keep that as primary browser on 8.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Go for it! Any chance you will start hanging out at their forums?
Post wrangler
_Alexander

Post by _Alexander »

Any bugs relating to this?
Seems like a big problem due to outlook/Hotmail/live being very popular services.
costark

Post by costark »

DanRaisch wrote:No problem with that site using version 15.0. Have you tried accessing Live.com while running in Mozilla Safe Mode?

Just to start eliminating possibilities, My Win 7 Hm Prem box has had no issues with Outlook.com on Fx 14 or now 15.
W10 22H2 - SSD-HDD i5 12G -
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Hera hasn't told us if he has tried safemode, cache and cookie clearing or a new profile. This is his M.O. of late. If he was concerned about any bugs, rather then just making noise, he could look them up himself.
Post wrangler
_Alexander

Post by _Alexander »

^
This is Firefox 15 portable w. new profile.

Maybe slightly faster without D2D enabled, but nonetheless not smooth at all. Laggy scrolling and on mouseover highlighting lags behind the cursor at normal mouse speeds. Scrolling is also very poor.
Disabling Smooth Scrolling (aka, I want to eat your CPU for the lols scrolling) doesn't really do anything either.
Also Tab Title seems to alternate a lot between "Loading..." and "Outlook" - ??? Nightly too.

This doesn't really affect Firefox on my Dual Core Athlon Notebook though due to the power difference...
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Ok, so what are the specs on the problem computer? Also, does it have a non-portable version on it? What is the AV and firewall?
Post wrangler