Flash crashing CONSTANTLY - unusable at this point

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
DanRaisch

Re: Flash crashing CONSTANTLY - unusable at this point

Post by DanRaisch »

Again, this is an Adobe issue and you need to review the material on Adobe's site for a solution. See this thread there -- http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1018071
btb26153

Post by btb26153 »

well i did forget to mention in the quote below i have done ALL of what is recommended by adobe with the exception of reverting back to previous versions. it was bad with the 11.3 and seems that it is a lot worse with the 11.4 or it didn't boither me as much :wink:

here is another one you can add to giving a quick reference: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... ndows.html that should help you to make another quick reply with information, if they haven't tried that yet maybe it will help them.

btb26153 wrote: i can't update anything more from adobe, i can't change or install/update/uninstall anything more from adobe or from ff to fix this.

well i have tried and failed and will just remove firefox and try it again in a few months to see if it is working then, as for now i am tired of the msgs and errors and i don't care who is at fault or who caused or created the problem i just wanted it fixed and resolved and what i was looking for here.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

The Flash versions 10.3 or 11.2 seem to work O.K. in most/some systems.
You could always try them.
Be sure to use the Flash "Un-installer tool" beforehand.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Ortho_Fan

Post by Ortho_Fan »

LIMPET235 wrote:The Flash versions 10.3 or 11.2 seem to work O.K. in most/some systems.
You could always try them.
Be sure to use the Flash "Un-installer tool" beforehand.

The other option, of course, is to simply disable Flash Player's Protected Mode feature, as noted here -- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2570675 and here -- viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2551745 -- which basically turns the newest version into version 10.3.xxx. That has eliminated all of the problems I was having with hangs and crashes.

I was working with an Adobe tech, which I mentioned in one of my previous posts, but that went nowhere. I gave up when he told me he wanted to "poke around" inside my PC to see exactly what was going on. I had horrible visions of disabling security features, changing boo-koo billion settings, installing special spyware, etc., to enable him to monitor my PC on a realt-ime basis, and take full control of it, if need be. (I suppose people would say that I'm being paranoid, but there "ain't no way" I'm going to let someone--whom I don't know--who's located off-site do this!)

O_F
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

I don't blame you. ;)
I wouldn't have participated either.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Alfred001

Post by Alfred001 »

Well, I tried disabling protected mode and I still get crashes.

What do I do next? Do I go to 11.2, does that have hope of helping if disabling protected mode didn't?
Gopher John

Post by Gopher John »

I'm using Adobe Flash 11.4.402.287 on WinXP Pro SP3 desktop and Win7 Pro SP1 on my laptop without issues. I haven't disabled protected mode on either machine.

On earlier versions of Flash that first offered protected mode, protected mode wasn't enabled on WinXP at all. I'm not sure about protected mode on WinXP on the latest releases.
The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. - Albert Einstein
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Alfred001 wrote:What do I do next? Do I go to 11.2, does that have hope of helping if disabling protected mode didn't?

Well, that's a decision for you.

But, I've been using version 11.2.202.235 ever since a came out and deliberately didn't upgrade/update Flash when the problems on the newer version became apparent. I have had zero problems using Flash.

It didn't apply to me, but I'm told that you need to use an uninstaller program from Adobe to completely remove existing Flash versions, before installing different versions.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Ortho_Fan

Post by Ortho_Fan »

Alfred001 wrote:Well, I tried disabling protected mode and I still get crashes.

What do I do next? Do I go to 11.2, does that have hope of helping if disabling protected mode didn't?

Here are two other things that have worked for "some" users.

In addition to disabling Protected Mode by calling up mms.cfg, found in the FLASH folder, and adding ProtectedMode=0 (that's a zero, not an Oh) at the bottom of the list, and saving the file, you can try disabling Hardware Acceleration in Firefox by clicking on the Tools menu, clicking on Options, clicking the Advanced tab, and de-selecting "Use Hardware Acceleration when Available," if there is a check mark there.

You can also disable Hardware Acceleration in Flashing Player--the cause of MANY problems--by Right Clicking on any youtube video or other Flash content, and in the pop-up menu, clicking on Settings. In the small, new window that appears, remove the check next to Hardware Acceleration by clicking on it.

O_F