Summary of Can't Connect/timeout Solutions

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Roger77

Post by Roger77 »

Let us know what you get when you click on: http://199.181.132.244/
or this: http://198.77.203.224/
Last edited by Roger77 on August 3rd, 2005, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
persickc

hourglass blinks

Post by persickc »

Firefox want load when double clicking.
i've tryed to config norton ; but it won't get off of "Block all".
i really want to use this product.
Tired of IE.
thanks
Roger77

Post by Roger77 »

Last edited by Roger77 on August 3rd, 2005, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherGuest.

Post by AnotherGuest. »

Josh Blair wrote:... it just scrolls throu something real fast....

Roger77 is right. And you also have to right click and set the properties of the command window. Give it a big scrollback buffer, and while you're at it give it 50 lines instead of a measly 25. Then be sure to save the settings so they're not just saved to the current session. Now you'll be able to read your DNS cache (500 lines of it anyway). I forget to tell people that this stuff doesn't work very well straight out of the box.
Josh Blair

Post by Josh Blair »

I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. There are 12 different entries, some with multiple listings underneath.
AnotherGuest.

Post by AnotherGuest. »

Maybe it would show clues on wrong IP address or some such. Just an idea.

Here's another. If you haven't done this already, next time you for sure can't read a site, try accessing it by IP address. If that works, you can try adding that site to your HOSTS file (it's a file called "HOSTS". You can Google it, or someone else can help you. I've got to go now.
Greven

Can't get anything to connect

Post by Greven »

Firefox 1.0.6
Windows XP SP2
I have windows firewall disabled.
I have Norton Internet Security, but it is turned off and not loaded.

I have tried rebooting, uninstalling, uninstalling then rebooting, nothing.

I can ping www.google.com no problem. Tried the IP and the URL, and I got both times:

The connection was refused when attempting to contact the proxy server you have configured. Please check your proxy settings and try again.

I checked the OCSP and reset it to "Do not use...", no effect.

I turned off my proxy information by setting to direct, and got:

the connection was refused when attempting to contact www.gammon.com.au

I have tried the same adress with IE both with and without proxy. Both attempts worked fine.

I am behind a linksys router, but no settings on it have changed and it worked fine with 1.0.4 . If anyone has any idea, I would be muchly appreciative.
Greven

Post by Greven »

I should have specified, I can get to my routers interface, but not past it. Don't quite know if that is applicable.
Skoman

Post by Skoman »

Cannot connect to .ftp site anyone using Firefox get the same error message: "530 Annonymous user cannot Login". Any change of settings or fix for this?

Mark
Guest567

Can't get Firefox to work anymore

Post by Guest567 »

I just updated my Firefox to 1.0.6, and now when I try to open it says "start.mozilla.org. could not be found. Please check the name and try again." I'm NOT a computer genius... I tried removing and reinstalling it but still have the same problem. Please tell me what's wrong, and what I need to do to fix it.

Thanks for your help.
craigevil

Post by craigevil »

Does anyone read the soultions people post? Posting I have the same problem over and over again doesn't really help anyone. Start at the first post READ, then try the solutions in this thread and in
"The connection was refused..." - THE SOLUTION - MozillaZine Forums

Once you have tried to fix the problem please explain the steps you took, and what worked or didn't work.

Whatever you do DO NOT waste your time uninstalling/reinstalling Firefox.

The problem can be narrowed down to a couple of things: Firewall, DNS, proxy, other software like Anti-virus causing problems.
Last edited by craigevil on August 14th, 2005, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raspberry PI 400 Distro: Raspberry Pi OS Base: Debian Sid Kernel: 5.15.26-v8+ aarch64 DE: MATE Ram 4GB
Debian - "If you can't apt install something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
My Giant Sources.list
looking4help

Post by looking4help »

ok as far as i am aware it is the latest fx version 1.0.6 the problem occured after installing the proxy switcher extension, i loaded up a few anonymous proxies to test them and none of them loaded i deleted the list and attempted to carry on browsing and nothing happened i have tried deleting the proxy add on and also reinstalling fx but nothing happened a little help would be appreciated
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

looking4help wrote:ok as far as i am aware it is the latest fx version 1.0.6 the problem occured after installing the proxy switcher extension, i loaded up a few anonymous proxies to test them and none of them loaded i deleted the list and attempted to carry on browsing and nothing happened i have tried deleting the proxy add on and also reinstalling fx but nothing happened a little help would be appreciated

Tools | Options | Advanced | Offline and Connection Settings | Connection Settings | Direct connection to the Internet

Re-installing will not help, as it leaves your profile alone, and that's where all your setting preferences are.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
StillLooking4Help

Post by StillLooking4Help »

direct connection to the internet is the option ticked
tlies

Recent isolated issues

Post by tlies »

I'm running Fx 1.0.6, only service pack 1, no firewalls, no virus protection currently installed. Two days ago I started receiving the "The document contains no data" message with regard to only a single site, http://games.espn.go.com. I've tried the above fixes, that I understood, and it hasn't helped. Should this problem be isolated to just a single site? Does that help figure out which solution above is best? Thanks.