How to configure Norton Internet Security (NIS)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Post by Guest »

well, i did everything you said with NIS, and the browser still wont display anything at all...it just keeps searching for a long time. i cant even get to any sites. this is very frusterating for me. beacause now i have to use internet explorer. whats going on?
stanjnz

Post by stanjnz »

Anonymous wrote:well, i did everything you said with NIS, and the browser still wont display anything at all...it just keeps searching for a long time. i cant even get to any sites. this is very frusterating for me. beacause now i have to use internet explorer. whats going on?

But did you clear the cache of FF? Ah, I guess you didn't if you can't even show FF on the screen. But if you can go to
Tools - Options - Privacy - Cache

Good luck.
From Stan in Kiwiland

Windows XP Pro on ACER Veriton L480(2.59GHz, 1.96 GB RAM), with Virtual RiscPC, using Avast, Windows Firewall, Firefox 3.6.8, Thunderbird 3.0.5

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:well, i did everything you said with NIS, and the browser still wont display anything at all...it just keeps searching for a long time. i cant even get to any sites. this is very frusterating for me. beacause now i have to use internet explorer. whats going on?

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Firefox runs with NIS disabled. hmmm ... time to ditch NIS?
stanjnz

Post by stanjnz »

Anonymous wrote:I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Firefox runs with NIS disabled. hmmm ... time to ditch NIS?

No, you do need security! Try the firewall thing again, taking all firefox.exe entries out of Personal Firewall, then clear the cache, then download FF 1.0.7 again, either into blank folder, or on top of older version. The first time you run the new FF, you will get an alert notice asking you whether to block or permit FF accessing internet. At that stage, you say Permit.

You may have done everything, but then again, all systems are slightly different. Cheers.
From Stan in Kiwiland

Windows XP Pro on ACER Veriton L480(2.59GHz, 1.96 GB RAM), with Virtual RiscPC, using Avast, Windows Firewall, Firefox 3.6.8, Thunderbird 3.0.5

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I am using the Firefox 1.0.7 version. There seems to be a problem every time I click a link that connects to a secure website like a bank or a online trader. This problem arises only in FF and not in IE. Also it appeared in all the previous versions of FF (that's the reason why I keep on upgrading FF hoping that the problem would vanish with a version finally:) ).

I checked out this site
http://kb.mozillazine.org/SSL_is_disabled
and checked my settings to find that all are as required by that article.

I don't have NIS (have only Norton Antivirus 2005). I also don't have a Firewall. My windows firewall is disabled.

I have tried setting an option in NAV 2005 Internet Worm Blocking by giving full access to Firefox, but that didn't help either.

Thanx in advance

~som
bLiNd_MD

Post by bLiNd_MD »

Thank You.
Jaks

Post by Jaks »

I done that. i got 1.07 for firefox and permit all for it with norton firewall. it works when the firewall is off but does not work when it is on. help me

Post by Guest »

I tried all these and it still didn't work. I ended up having to go to Symantec's site to download something to reset the Personal Firewall rules. Then rescan. That fixed my Firefox connections.
millertime

Post by millertime »

Thanks for the help, I should have read you thread before I posted.

Post by Guest »

This problem also occured with McAfee firewall (blocked all internet access)
qda

Post by qda »

the best solution to norton is not using it

use avast / kerio combo for free antivirus/firewall
Yakkity_yak

Post by Yakkity_yak »

No.
Yakkity_yak, don't come back.
tomtakis

Post by tomtakis »

I have NIS but the screenshots listed are different from the ones i have. my NIS has no Firewall options (that i can find)

please help
ryemry

Post by ryemry »

any idea's for norton '06 i cant get the new firefox to download for me

Post by Guest »

tomtakis wrote:I have NIS but the screenshots listed are different from the ones i have. my NIS has no Firewall options (that i can find)

please help

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ni ... =&osv_lvl=