MozillaZine

Crossriderapp - Should it be deleted?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Flycaster

Post Posted November 20th, 2012, 6:44 pm

Running Adwcleaner, and not disabling FF scan, many files came up with "crossriderapp" as part of the pathway with in User_pref. I have no idea why Crossrider is there and should it, or can I, delete those files without harming anything?
Windows 10 H 64-bit, Firefox The Latest, IE11, Thunderbird The Latest, Avast Pro

JayhawksRock

Post Posted November 20th, 2012, 6:58 pm

If they are in user.js file, the file and any prefs in there do not exist in Firefox by default. ... thats where Malware places it prefs that remain persistant. I would delete or rename the files or their folder and see if that has any negative effect.

Its nasty if the app was this https://encrypted.google.com/search?num ... lN1iJ7IeCo Probably installed in Windows Programs
"Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done."
~ Andy Rooney

LoudNoise

Post Posted November 20th, 2012, 7:11 pm

Looks like monetization toolbar crapware. Most likely came as a deadhead of a recent freeware install.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

gottabesomebodyelse

Post Posted November 20th, 2012, 7:16 pm

Google-it or just run a file scan, for "crossriderapp" >> start studying. Its one of the things you need to learn you have to do when you start adding programs and otherwise. No Offense meant>Just reality, Gottabe :wink:
Edit: Just posted and saw the new interceding Loudnoise post, that is a very good observation that I support. =D>

LoudNoise

Post Posted November 20th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Go away diligent.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

Return to Firefox Support