MozillaZine

Crossriderapp - Should it be deleted?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Flycaster

Post Posted November 20th, 2012, 6:44 pm

Running Adwcleaner, and not disabling FF scan, many files came up with "crossriderapp" as part of the pathway with in User_pref. I have no idea why Crossrider is there and should it, or can I, delete those files without harming anything?
Windows7 HP 64-bit, Firefox The Latest, IE11, Thunderbird The Latest, Avast

JayhawksRock

Post Posted November 20th, 2012, 6:58 pm

If they are in user.js file, the file and any prefs in there do not exist in Firefox by default. ... thats where Malware places it prefs that remain persistant. I would delete or rename the files or their folder and see if that has any negative effect.

Its nasty if the app was this https://encrypted.google.com/search?num ... lN1iJ7IeCo Probably installed in Windows Programs
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." ~ Abraham Lincoln

LoudNoise

Post Posted November 20th, 2012, 7:11 pm

Looks like monetization toolbar crapware. Most likely came as a deadhead of a recent freeware install.
Post wrangler
"If you lock this, the Pentium IIs win." - anonymous

gottabesomebodyelse

Post Posted November 20th, 2012, 7:16 pm

Google-it or just run a file scan, for "crossriderapp" >> start studying. Its one of the things you need to learn you have to do when you start adding programs and otherwise. No Offense meant>Just reality, Gottabe :wink:
Edit: Just posted and saw the new interceding Loudnoise post, that is a very good observation that I support. =D>

LoudNoise

Post Posted November 20th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Go away diligent.
Post wrangler
"If you lock this, the Pentium IIs win." - anonymous

Return to Firefox Support