MozillaZine

Pages not loading in Amazon Mechanical Turk

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
grandmamoses

Post Posted December 7th, 2012, 10:19 am

I am having a problem with the surveys loading in Mturk. It is the page where accept the hit. It works sometimes and other times it just sits there and doesn't load. Sometimes the page will come after awhile, but I sometimes get "the connection has reset." I reset Firefox, but it did no good. I have screenshots.

Thank YOu

JayhawksRock

Post Posted December 7th, 2012, 10:29 am

Post a link to the page with the errors....
"Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done."
~ Andy Rooney

grandmamoses

Post Posted December 7th, 2012, 10:37 am

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/searchbar?s ... P8LOUTUSIW

This one loaded after a few minutes, but like I said, it doesn't always do this.

JayhawksRock

Post Posted December 7th, 2012, 10:45 am

Page loads instantly for me. Has only one topic/listing. Everything loads with scripts. Are you using any extension / toolbars that would block javascript ? Not Java !! 2 different things
"Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done."
~ Andy Rooney

grandmamoses

Post Posted December 7th, 2012, 9:54 pm

I reset Firefox and don't have any extensions or toolbars . JavaScript is enabled. Sometimes the page loads and sometime it doesn't.

JayhawksRock

Post Posted December 7th, 2012, 10:39 pm

Last shots ... after this I give up
1. Try disabling everything in Addons > Plugin section, restart and see what happens
2. If no go then shutdown your Firewall, A/V and any other security software, Restart Firefox and see if you can go to a trusted site or 3.
~ Andy Rooney

Return to Firefox Support