Firefox Search Engine Icons Missing After Profile Restore

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Xplorer4x4

Re: Firefox Search Engine Icons Missing After Profile Restor

Post by Xplorer4x4 »

Well it broke again, and again I can confirm it is likley gtk related, and here's why. Now like most KDE desktop users, I assume, I try to pull in as a few gtk based packages as possible. That said for GTK compatability, I generaly try to pull in all the gtk2-engines-* and gtk3-engines* so that when I play with GTK themes in the GTK config I am not missing any dependencies fot GTK themes. Directly after installing the GTK Engines and restarting firefox the search engine icons disapeareared with the add on installed.
Xplorer4x4

Post by Xplorer4x4 »

Trying to test this further, I purged the firefox installer that comes with Kubuntu, pined the blue shell ppa, installed firefox and firefox-kde-support from blue shell ppa. Next, I installed the organize search engine add on. Then ,I installed each gtk2 and gtk 3 engine one by one restarting firefox between each and every theme install. Once I was done installing each and every engine, the add on still worked when I restarted firefox. So I tried adding kmozzillahelper, restart firefox, and icons still work. Last but not least, I go to GTK+ Config in System Settings->Application appearance. I selected the xfce-4.6 theme from from both drop down boxes. And finally after all that work..the search engine icons break! So again, I have tracked this down to something GTK related. Any ideas why gtk config breaks the add on?
Xplorer4x4

Post by Xplorer4x4 »

The answer was painfully obvious.....Application Appearance -> GTK+ Config -> Show Icons in GTK Menus..