FF 19 - transperent bookmark menu

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
c1723925

Re: FF 19 - transperent bookmark menu

Post by c1723925 »

Right now I'm playing with the add-ons. After disabling all plugins, the bug did show up much less often, but was still there. And with all extensions disabled I didn't see it, but I only have tested it the last few minutes, so I can't be sure about that.

About Bug 844255. This seems to be related to HWA on, while my FF is configured with HWA off, making it implausible this has something in common.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Well, if Bugzilla deems your bug to be a duplicate of another one, they'll simply mark it as such and then close it.

But for clarity, do check your spelling before posting. This is how you spell "transparent". You can check spelling at http://dictionary.reference.com/ ;)
c1723925

Post by c1723925 »

Bug does occur with all add-ons off. Only rarely, but still. A new build of the Nightly was released a few minutes ago, I want to test it, too. And I'm interested in a reply of RedPirate (who wrote the now corrected typo in the title) and TerraEpon to get to know whether or not we are really talking about the same problem.

Does anyone know what is most helpful to add to such kind of a bug report besides screens and a description of the circumstances it occurred?
TerraEpon

Post by TerraEpon »

Not sure if it's the same. But for instance, I right click to open the context menu, and instead of seeing the menu I just see a transparent box -- actually it's less of a box and more just two sides of one, everything stays visible otherwise. If it happens on one link, often right clicking on another will work and then right clicking on the original is fine. Though again, it's not just with context menu, it's also with the normal menus (tools especially seems to be a problem), and live bookmarks -- again, simply moving to another menu and back tends to usually fix it, but it's still pretty annoying either way.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

TerraEpon
Tried any of the suggestions posted above yet?
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

c1723925 wrote:I'm interested in a reply of RedPirate (who wrote the now corrected typo in the title)

Oh dear, I do apologize. I should have realised that you couldn't possibly have made that typo because you're not the OP. :oops:
c1723925

Re: FF 19 - transparent bookmark menu

Post by c1723925 »

No problem at all. Actually I thought someone corrected the transperent in the title. Well, that someone was me in the subject of my reply. #-o

I've made an interesting discovery. With the build 2013-02-24 of 22a1 and all add-ons disabled the bug does show up very, very seldom. After enabling everything it appeared not as often as before, perhaps 50% or 60% of the times. After rereading the entries to bug 844255 I enabled HWA and for the last half an hour everything worked fine. So perhaps a fix for the rendering of HWA-enabled foxes brought a problem to people without.

TerraEpon, could you enable HWA in your browser to see if I'm on the right track? I will stick to 22a1 for the time being and test my thesis a while.
RedPirate

Post by RedPirate »

Okay, so;

1. This screenshots were taken with HWA disabled and 'Enable Transparency' in 'Window Color and Appearance' off as well. I tried running it in 'Safe Mode', the bug was still there, I just couldn't take a screenshot.

2. I've updated to the latest nVIDIA drivers. Don't know if that's relevant or not.

3. After taking the last screenshot, I enabled HWA per c1723925's suggestion and will report back.
rascal614

Post by rascal614 »

Updated to 19... I can see bookmarks... but some are missing... any idea
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Having "some" bookmarks missing after an update may mean that there were some in there that were corrupted... that's about all that I can think of... If you were missing all of them, then I'd have a better answer for you.

For a suggestion... I use this extension that auto-backs up various Firefox files (per the user option setting) ... and it keeps a rolling 7 day copy of those backups... it could help in the future if something goes wrong with an update.
Bookmark Backup - Pike's Mozilla Firefox Add-ons
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
RedPirate

Post by RedPirate »

After 5-6 hours of use (with HWA enabled) - no transparency.