User Help for Mozilla Firefox
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
In Firefox 19 the personal bookmark toolbar ("barre personnelle des marque-pages" in french) is no longer displayed:
- With the menu Bookmarks / Display all bookmarks --> every thing is OK, the personal bookmark toolbar exists and contains all folders and bookmarks saved
- With the menu Display (or View ? "Affichage" in french) / Toolbars / Personal toolbar --> it is impossible to get it displayed
- If I restart Firefox in safe mode (extensions deactivated) it is OK
- If I deactivate all extensions it is not OK
I am "dry", I give up, please help !
Firefox' safe mode does more than disable your extensions.
When in Safe Mode...
* The status of plug-ins is not affected.
* Custom preferences are not affected.
* All extensions are disabled.
* The default theme is used, without a persona.
* userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored.
* The default toolbar layout is used.
* Hardware acceleration is disabled.
To disable Hardware Acceleration in Firefox, go to,
Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing..... & un-check the "Use hardware acceleration......."  box.
If Firefox is O.K. in Safe Mode then it's an extension/theme...etc causing it.
Run Firefox in normal mode & disable them all. Re-start Firefox.
Enable each in turn, or by ½'s, re-starting Firefox each time, till the faulty extension is found.
Either update or un-install it.
Are you running the default Theme?
I thank you for your detailed answer.
I am using Charamel theme and I am not sure I disabled Charamel when I disabled all extensions.
I check that ...
It seems that many PCs have the problem since release #19 ...
For several PCs I fixed the problem through tool bars personalization: a button was available for the personal tool bar (!!) in all remaining available buttons, I just dragged the button to the normal position of the personal tool bar.
(This available button is strange: the label (Marque-pages in French) is OK but the icon is in the upper left corner of the area occupied by the button.)
One of my "students" (in the association where I teach PC use) still has the problem, but I don't know why, I have to meet him to repair his Firefox. I'll tell you how I did it.
If the bookmark toolbar is missing, you should be able to view it again by making the menu bar visible (Alt key) and using View > Toolbars and checking the bookmark toolbar item. If that does not work, maybe the localstore.rdf file in the profile is damaged.
In all PCs the menu is displayed, the bookmark toolbar is checked but anyway not displayed in several of them !
If the localstore.rdf file in the profile is damaged, why is it damaged in several PCs used by different persons ... ?
I consider a new bug appeared in Firefox 19.
I had the same problem,
If you go to View -> Toolbars -> customise, there's an option to reset. I clicked that and it went back to normal.
Hope this helps,
Thank you Doug, I didn't notice this button. I'll use it next time.
My bookmark toolbar is still OK.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 18 guests