Update Just now - 22.0 - JavaScript error with every click

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jscher2000

Re: Update Just now - 22.0 - JavaScript error with every cli

Post by jscher2000 »

Similar threads on SuMo:

I get this message on the new Firefox v22 -Error: Illegal operation on WrappedNative prototype object - "The ones causing that problem where all related to google : 1 - Google Search by Image / 2 - Search By Image (by Google) / 3 - DeeperWeb - Boost and Customize Google Search"

I just upgraded to FireFox 22.0, and now I get a Javascript error (Error: Illegal operation on WrappedNative prototype object). What can I do? - (A) "I found the faulty extension - CloudMagic"; (B) " For the moment I found a workaround (disabling the XINHA CSS plugin)."

Whatever changed with respect to WrappedNative prototype objects, it seems to affect a number of extensions.
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

For those encountering this error with FB Purity, an updated version 8.5.0 - which works - is available from the author's site: http://www.fbpurity.com/ Not on AMO yet so it will not automatically update.
Trelligan

Post by Trelligan »

I've been having this problem with Firefox 22.0:
Error: Illegal operation on WrappedNative prototype object

This is full pushed version, no beta. I did a clean install in a separate directory; no addons, themes, personas, proxies, styles or anything.
The problem still occurs whenever I open a Google Search window. I've also noticed it elsewhere, but as I was still eliminating addons, I didn't notice which site(s) it was. (I don't do Facebook.)
Last edited by rsx11m on July 1st, 2013, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary font formatting
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Some solutions here > https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/963014

But first I would clear your cache > Ctrl+Shift+Delete choose only Cache and OK. Delete any cookies for the websites in your open tabs. Then restart Firefox
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
pmber

Post by pmber »

To all the ones slamming the ones asking questions about this error, I find it a bit odd. Using a browser today is about the same as using a car. I would have to bet most of you programers would be virtually clueless if your car broke down on the freeway and I don't think anyone would ridicule you for calling for roadside service.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

No Mozilla programers here... We are all users, just like you :)
http://www.mozillazine.org/about/
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
bgza

Post by bgza »

Disabling "Youtube video and mp3 downloader (stable) 2.1" fixed the issue on my part. Not so stable after all.