Fonts humongeous in Fx 22 (SOLVED)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Oma1942

Fonts humongeous in Fx 22 (SOLVED)

Post by Oma1942 »

Just updated via the internal updater to Fx. version 22 and the fonts are humongeous!

How to turn them back to normal?

I read that in about:config, one needs to filter for layout.css.devPixelsPerPx and adjust it, but to WHAT? http://www.ghacks.net/2013/06/24/firefo ... at-is-new/ has how to do it but I tried it and Fx disappeared. Had to do a restore of Mozbackup.

Also the Roomy Bookmarks Toolbar icons are BIG as well and dropping the last favicons off the screen. Could be because of the above about:config.?

Please help!! TIA

PS: have also NoSquint extension and is now useless. Also the favicons on Roomy Bookmarks Toolbar are HUGE! It seems that the use small icons in Customize do not work anymore!
Last edited by Oma1942 on June 25th, 2013, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
the-edmeister

Re: Fonts humongeous in Fx 22

Post by the-edmeister »

layout.css.devPixelsPerPx - the default is -1.0 - change it to 1.0 (without the minus) to restore the previous behavior

NoSquint and DefaultZoom Level extensions are going to have to be fixed.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Oma1942

Re: Fonts humongeous in Fx 22

Post by Oma1942 »

the-edmeister wrote:layout.css.devPixelsPerPx - the default is -1.0 - change it to 1.0 (without the minus) to restore the previous behavior

NoSquint and DefaultZoom Level extensions are going to have to be fixed.
That's IT!! Thank you!! Fantastic edmeister!! :D =D>

Now all is fixed, including NoSquint and Roomy Bookmarks Toolbar favicons!!
M_Six

Re: Fonts humongeous in Fx 22 (SOLVED)

Post by M_Six »

Worked like a charm. Thanks.
MarkRH

Re: Fonts humongeous in Fx 22 (SOLVED)

Post by MarkRH »

Hmm, I run at 1920x1080 in Windows 7 but noticed no change in Font Sizes or anything (with a value of -1.0 there). Maybe it's because I have Windows set at 100% font size and it seems to be at a 96dpi setting. I wonder what criteria it goes against to make it render things larger or not? Probably a FAQ somewhere about it.

I did screencaps with the setting at both -1.0 and 1 and there were no visible changes.