trouble accesing google.com with firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

trouble accesing google.com with firefox

Post by Guest »

I had a similar problem (timed out connections) at work only with Firefox (not with IE). After getting a new office and PC running Win XP Pro, i installed Firefox 1.0.7 on this PC and could use it to browse ANY external site. IE explorer had no problem with external sites. I tried opening Start --> Run --> cmd and ping from a command line window. Interesting again, all internal IP addresses as well as defined DNS servers were alive (I could get a response pinging them) but no response from external IP addresses. ie., ping www.google.com or pinging the IP address of google would time out.
Was this a tricky challenge? well setting a proxy server address in Firefox (Options --> General --> Connections Settings --> Manual proxy config and entering HTTP Proxy and Port fields --> OK solved all my problems!... goood I can ride my bike home now ;-) :D

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem with Google and gmail with FF. The Mozilla start page won't even come up because it can't access Google. Sometimes closing down the browser and reopening helps, but sometimes you have to do that several times to get it to come up.

Usually if I have trouble with the Google site, I have trouble with others as well.
hellene

Post by hellene »

Guest immediately above ^^ yours sounds like an intermittent connection/timeout issue. If you check the FAQ sticky, there's a link via Knowledge Base to quite a set of suggestions for fixing this problem, which has different causes for different folks with different setups.
I don't know how to do any of this stuff, I just hire the guys that do
Have you considered reading the HELP folder. Right there on your menu bar.
Image by Juniper http onic.net/~daylight/ - Xmas special by Ol Grumpy

Post by Guest »

i have the same problem with gmail. funnily google works just fine, but gmail just wont load. and when i look at my history it's just about ten million gmail gmail gmail.... i dont know what to do, am a novice firefox user but a total convert and its a real pain having to open up ie to read my emails.
hellene

Post by hellene »

Guest with gmail, search the site -----------> for Gmail as this sounds like an issue specific to Gmail, and these do come up here from time to time.
I don't know how to do any of this stuff, I just hire the guys that do
Have you considered reading the HELP folder. Right there on your menu bar.
Image by Juniper http onic.net/~daylight/ - Xmas special by Ol Grumpy

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem in ortugal

Post by Guest »

Same problem - Trouble loading Google with FF. Never had this problem with I.E.
sank1979

Re: trouble accesing google.com with firefox

Post by sank1979 »

I had the same issue, of google sites not opening in firefox, but opening in IE.
It was related to the proxy settings. I put the proxy in the SSL proxy and it started working. :)
LIMPET235

Re: trouble accesing google.com with firefox

Post by LIMPET235 »

Thanks but.....
Locking due to very old age.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)