Activate Adobe Flash - how do I disable?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
kenw232

Activate Adobe Flash - how do I disable?

Post by kenw232 »

Every flash object on any site needs to be activated and approved before it will play/work. Why am I getting this? I just installed the latest version of firefox and flash and I can't turn this off. My click_to_play in about:config is set to false. I want flash to work on any site I goto automatically.
JayhawksRock

Re: Activate Adobe Flash - how do I disable?

Post by JayhawksRock »

Go to Tools > Addons > Plugins and for Flash change the setting at the far right to "Always Acrivate" That does it for me. I use NO script or site blocking extensions, BTW
Last edited by JayhawksRock on October 8th, 2013, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
kenw232

Post by kenw232 »

It already is on Always Activate. Not matter what I did nothing would work until I removed "user_pref("plugin.state.flash", 0);" from my prefs.js file.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

kenw232 wrote:It already is on Always Activate. Not matter what I did nothing would work until I removed "user_pref("plugin.state.flash", 0);" from my prefs.js file.

Interesting, I wonder what created that pref as it is Not a Firefox default. User.js also does not exist by default.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ho ... references
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln