firefox isn't automatically logging in to sites anymore..

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Oracle68

Re: firefox isn't automatically logging in to sites anymore.

Post by Oracle68 »

mightyglydd wrote:
Oracle68 wrote:You are suggesting that I am being argumentative. I do not know how to convince you that I am not trying to be. I am, however, disagreeing with you.

"Is this a five minute argument or the full half hour?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

@FYI: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+post+a+scre ... ledge+base

ROTFL

Thanks! I needed that.
The Dawg
Be The Man You Dog Thinks You Are!!
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Oracle68 wrote:It worked for about 7 hours. Then it went back to not working at all.

What a coincidence. I just tried it on this Web site, and that's exactly what Chromium did. It's the way the Web site works.

You gonna try it my way, or do I need to post screenshots for you first? Your move.
Oracle68

Post by Oracle68 »

VanillaMozilla wrote:
Oracle68 wrote:It worked for about 7 hours. Then it went back to not working at all.

What a coincidence. I just tried it on this Web site, and that's exactly what Chromium did. It's the way the Web site works.

You gonna try it my way, or do I need to post screenshots for you first? Your move.

You have complained that I have not given you enough information about what steps I have taken to try to resolve this issue, you have now done exactly what you accused me of. I have no clear idea what you have done, in Firefox or Chromium. Perhaps if you detailed what you did, either with words or screen shots, then I could compare what you have done to what I have done.

As Frank said, this is your free time and you have spent a lot of it with me on this issue. For that I am grateful.

But, it would work so much better if you, and others (I have had this "understanding the instructions" problem with other post and volunteers), would give no uncertain, clear and concise instructions on what should be done. Forgive me for what I am about to say this, but perhaps a script (I really hate when CS Reps use scripts with me) should be developed so that the massively ignorant, the not so massively ignorant (like myself) can understand what is being suggested by the knowledgeable folks, like yourself.

Firefox, indeed Mozilla as a whole, is very much driven by an understanding of programing and how to apply that programing to to achieve certain things. The Mozilla Knowledge Base is not truly written for the ignorant masses to understand. And it hasn't been updated in some time. Most of the references for the links you sent me to were referencing Firefox version 3. While it may be said that the information has not changed, it truly should be updated.

Perhaps an extension should be developed that will work much like HiJackThis works for a computer system. It could read all of the settings that have been set on the browser and thus I could run it and you could see EXACTLY what is set and possibly see if conflicts are arising.

Having said that, by turning off the automatic clearing of my cache and history when Firefox exits, I seem to have gotten what I wanted. It is still working as of today. And while I am going to wait to see if this works over the log term, but it is sufficient for now.

Thank you very much for your help (such as it was) and I certainly hope that I do not need to come back to this thread in the near future.
The Dawg
Be The Man You Dog Thinks You Are!!
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Oracle68 wrote:Having said that, by turning off the automatic clearing of my cache and history when Firefox exits, I seem to have gotten what I wanted.

=D> :D
We are now back to the correct first and second replies to your original post. What you turned off is not exactly the right stuff, but in your case, I'd say don't touch anything and just use it.

Now, I wonder what happened to the original poster? :|
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

If you're still around, there is one more thing. It seems that even though you describe yourself as capable, and you can tell us about the inner workings of the Web, you want keystroke-by-keystroke handholding. I really don't know how to handle that. I really don't. :( It doesn't work that way around here, unless one is mentally feeble or overwhelmed by computers, and someone takes pity.

In the future, you will probably have better luck with getting help on any computer forum if you read this:
How to ask questions the smart way
It's long, but somewhat humorous and entertaining, and it will explain all that has transpired. At the very least you need to read the introduction. There is a more warm and fuzzy, but humorless, shorter and less complete version around here somewhere, and I'm sure you can find it with Google. I recommend the long version.

Don't bother replying to this post. It won't help. It really won't. As always, this is helpful, friendly, and humorous advice, which you can tell from the obligatory smiley face. :furious: