Can't locate the “sessionstore.js” file

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
EmmanuelleBR

Can't locate the “sessionstore.js” file

Post by EmmanuelleBR »

Hi,

I have lost 40 tabs from firefox 2 days ago. I have configured firefox to restaure the previous session everytime I open it. But that day, I downloaded a program that went with a toolbar. I uninstalled it shortly after downloading it and i think this is the reason why my previous session was not restaured, something due with this downloading.
I cannot located the sessionstore.js file and windows shows all the files and folders. So where it is?

Thank you for your help in advance. I am quite desperate.

Emmanuelle
Last edited by DanRaisch on December 9th, 2013, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from original thread which died six years ago. Original thread locked.
DanRaisch

Re: Can't locate the “sessionstore.js” file

Post by DanRaisch »

Are you looking for those files in the correct location? Try menu path Help->Troubleshooting information->click on the "Show Folder" button. You should find Sessionstore.js in that directory. You may also find a file named sessionstore.bak-########## (where the #s indicate a string of numbers.) You can try renaming those two files (sessionstore.js to sessionstore.old and sessionstore.bak-######## to sessionstore.js) then launching Firefox to see if the sessions is restored.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

To add to what Dan posted... the default Firefox keeps only two session files available... the current one and a backup one... "if" a user has a problem with a session and starts/stops Firefox a couple of times the older session files will be over-written by that new starting and stopping and will be gone... so, if what Dan posted does not help because Firefox was used too much... I don't have a solution for your current issue but you might want to look at this stuff for future protection from losing sessions....
Session Manager :: Add-ons for Firefox
Bookmark Backup - Pike's Mozilla Firefox Add-ons

This last one backs up more files than just Bookmarks...depend on user-options.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Note that Windows hides some file extensions by default and .html and .ini and .js and .txt are among them, so you may only see a sessionstore name without file extension.
Open the Properties of the file via the right-click context menu to see the real file type (file extension).

See also:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... -questions