**SOLVED!!** firefox doesn't show pictures on eBay, Hotmail

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Hilz

**SOLVED!!** firefox doesn't show pictures on eBay, Hotmail

Post by Hilz »

I don't have any idea what the problem is. I reinstalled firefox, uninstalled all the plugins etc.. The same problem is happening. I can get picutures in IE but not in firefox, well, some in firefox. I have a hardware router and i don't think that it has anything to do with it because on the same computer i can use IE and get a different result then in Firefox. Here are some 640x480 pics of what it is doing and also links to the source code pages.
<br><br>
http://pwnageinc.nrgservers.net/Mozilla ... ireFox.jpg<br>
http://pwnageinc.nrgservers.net/Mozilla ... om.htm.txt<br><br><br>
http://pwnageinc.nrgservers.net/Mozilla_help/IE.jpg<br>
http://pwnageinc.nrgservers.net/Mozilla ... om.htm.txt<br>

Any help would be great.. thanks!!

Solution was posted in another post by eleanor:
---------------------------------------------------------------

Go to Tools > Options > Web Features > check "Load Images" and UNcheck "from originating web site only".
Last edited by Hilz on June 16th, 2005, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Glad it not just me then

Post by Guest »

Well that didnt work for mine..it wasnt checked anyway.
Its driving me nuts does anyone have any other idead?. I have un ininstalled the proramme twice, closed the computer and re installed. It still thinks ebay links are dll files and wont show pics
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

Does the same problem occur if you start Firefox using the Firefox safe mode shortcut in your programs menu; Mozilla Firefox > Mozilla Firefox (safe mode)?

If so, create a new Firefox profile with a unique name and see if the problem persists in it.

Close Firefox and end tasks of any Firefox processes still running via Ctrl+Shift+Esc > processes tab or ctrl+alt+del if using Win9X.

Back up important files housed in the profile folder (copy and paste to another location):

Windows XP: Show Hidden Program or System Files

Locate your profile folder

Backing up your profile

Making a partial backup

(The steps above are precautionary and not absolutely necessary before creating a new profile)

Create a new profile

Restoring your browsing data

Post by Guest »

I did all of that and Ebay still looks like a battlefield.

Post by Guest »

i am having having the same problems but with different websites ebay works fine on firefox on my pc. i have tried loads of things, now i just use ie to view certain websites. would like to find out what is causing it and if i find out i will post the solution. Not letting it get the beeter of me

Post by Guest »

That's not the solution to this problem. I tried all that was suggested and it still doesn't work. Must be a bug in frefox. One of many that have not been solved. Back to good old IE.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I did all of that and Ebay still looks like a battlefield.

Using ZoneAlarm Pro? You have to allow headers, and web-bugs ...
Under Privacy for ebay you have uncheck all boxes in the 'ad' tab...

Post by Guest »

But the old Firefox worked perfectly and as its still in my computer the tech dumped the upgrade, re installed the previous version and now Ebay is viewing perfectly. So Zone Alarm had nothing to do with it. It was the upgrade.
WeRule

Re: **SOLVED!!** firefox doesn't show pictures on eBay, Hotmail

Post by WeRule »

Having same problems..which has kept me from using Firefox! Who wants alot of blank spaces on pages when they are cruising news or whatever online? Firefox NEEDS to add something to their update to fix this problem for EVERYONE!!! This is ridiculous in this day and age...they have competition which is far superior!
LIMPET235

Re: **SOLVED!!** firefox doesn't show pictures on eBay, Hotmail

Post by LIMPET235 »

Would you please start a new thread, stating your problem & leave these oldies to R.I.P.
Thank you.
Locking.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)