Firefox loads only text [MAC}

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
WestlakeCDN

Firefox loads only text [MAC}

Post by WestlakeCDN »

This morning I fired up Firefox and it would load only the text from websites, no images, colours, or formatting. Menus appeared as vertical bullet lists of links, and often much of the page is missing. It worked fine lsat night, then this morning, nothing. One page, Nest.co, returns code, no text.

System: MacBook Pro OS X 10.9.2 Firefox 28.0

I have:
    Deleted and reinstalled Firefox
    toggled IPv6
    toggled DNS prefetching
    run a virus/malware scan - negative result
    toggles Javascript via about:config

I've checked the Mozilla support sites extensively and not found anything that helped

Any suggestions?
LoudNoise

Re: Firefox loads only text [MAC}

Post by LoudNoise »

I added MAC to the topic just in case.

What happens in safe mode? Click on Help --> Restart with add-ons disabled. Don't check mark anything when Firefox restarts.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
WestlakeCDN

Post by WestlakeCDN »

In safe mode, everything seems to work fine! By elimination, the problem is caused by Adblock plus 2.5.1. Thanks for the suggestion!

I hate Facebook ads, can you suggest a better solution than Adblock Plus?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Likely just a burp of some sort. I would suggest you post in the ABP forum ( https://adblockplus.org/forum/ ) and you are likely to find the problem solved in short order. List the other extensions you use since something might have updated.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Also, don't post in bugs at first. Post in the Firefox section.
Post wrangler
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

WestlakeCDN wrote:In safe mode, everything seems to work fine! By elimination, the problem is caused by Adblock plus 2.5.1. Thanks for the suggestion!

I hate Facebook ads, can you suggest a better solution than Adblock Plus?

It sounds like somehow you got updated with a filter which blocked ALL CSS on every site. Either you accidentally created this filter, or one of your filter subscriptions got a bad update. Under Menu > Tools > Adblock Plus > Filter Preferences, what Filter subscriptions do you have installed? Do you have anything under "Custom filters"?
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/