How to put tabs on bottom in FF 29.0?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
fireshadow

Re: How to put tabs on bottom in FF 29.0?

Post by fireshadow »

Gingerbread Man wrote:
fireshadow wrote:Thanks for the information about changing userChrome.css ... it moved the tabs immediately below the URL just like I wanted. Now I just need to be able to move the back/forward/stop/reload buttons and I will be happy.

That can't be done without an extension. Be sure to get rid of the userChrome.css style before installing Classic Theme Restorer.

I would rather not install an extension to get back those buttons. I am hoping that an update will fix this.

Also, I already have userChrome.css doing other stuff besides moving the tabs. Would I still have to get rid of it or just delete the lines specific to moving the tabs?
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

fireshadow wrote:I would rather not install an extension to get back those buttons. I am hoping that an update will fix this.

That's not entirely impossible, but it's highly improbable. Firefox 32.0a1 doesn't have any such changes, and it'll be released in about 18 weeks. So you go right ahead and keep waiting if you want.
fireshadow wrote:Also, I already have userChrome.css doing other stuff besides moving the tabs. Would I still have to get rid of it or just delete the lines specific to moving the tabs?

Just the portion specific to moving the tab bar, so that you don't have two things trying to move the same UI element.
connkp27

Post by connkp27 »

What a waste of time, the hour I spent yesterday:
1- researching forums like this
2 - trying add-ons and tweaking
3 - uninstalling 29 and reinstalling 28 (and disabling auto-update, for which I'll gladly take security risk because I can re-image my hard drive quicker than the time and frustration lost with dealing with strictness and clunkiness)
4 - dealing with problems with 28 getting everything the way I had it before

Abandoning functionality altogether is pretty sad, and Mozilla totally misses the point.
I have turned 100+ users/people/clients onto Firefox over the years.
I can say with confidence most of them don't change their tab and button locations, but the guy who turned them on to Firefox does!
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Did you bother to read the FAQ at the top of the support forum? You could have had it looking the way you wanted it to in about 20 minutes.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

connkp27 wrote:What a waste of time, the hour I spent yesterday:

If the above didn't answer your question, and you somehow failed to find the myriad of more specific threads, you could've simply asked. Instead, you chose to downgrade to an insecure version of Firefox, which then required more setup and configuration anyway.
https://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/firefox.html
LoudNoise wrote:You could have had it looking the way you wanted it to in about 20 minutes.

That's if you take a 15-minute break halfway through.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Connkp27, run, don't walk, and get the Classic Menu Restorer extension. Check the options that you want, then drag and drop everything where you want it. It takes about 5 minutes and it works VERY well.

If you have 5000 lines of custom CSS and 17 extensions to modify the appearance, well, you are on your own. But otherwise this will make you a happy camper.